“Loved it!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner
Kapuskasing, Canada
“Loved it!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

went with my daughter and her fiance and my hubby and a couple of other family members for a birthday dinner..my first time there..my daughter likes it there! I had the curry shrimp pasta..oh my it was so delicious!!!! only complaint I had as the dishes are not cheap would have been nice to have real glass and not plastic to drink from as well as a tablecloth on table..but food was awesome..everyone liked their meal!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

North Bay, Canada
“Amazing Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We always stop at Danny Justa Pasta anytime we are heading South. Food is amazing, portions are perfect and staff is the greatest.
Love Dannys!!
Cindy & Alex

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Consistent and Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Danny has done a great job and having a menu that satisfies all aspects of the Italian focused eaters and also has been effective in good consistent food. Always hot, always fresh and very fair pricing for the high quality meal.
For people in North Bay you can get Dannys now at the Trout Lake Green Store frozen meals. Great and tastes just like the restaurant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Oakville, Ontario
“A Bit of a Disappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been stopping at his restaurant for quite a few years and this time it failed to deliver. My husband ordered a seafood pasta and ate only the seafood and very little of the pasta. I had a very delicious chef salad and a pasta with Roma tomatoes and garlic. The dish was exceedingly bland. The tomatoes were tasteless, with a terrible texture. I think the dish needs roasted grape or cherry tomatoes to deliver a flavour that would be much more appealing. The garlic tasted raw. It needed to be sautéed with the oil as well. The dish was supposed to have herbs. I saw them but I didn't taste them. We ordered a cheesecake for dessert. It was beautifully garnished but tasted frozen.

It is a cute little place but given the prices, they need to think about table cloths, perhaps, and glass, not plastic drinking glasses. Maybe it is time to update the furniture and decor, as well. The service was good and the waitress kindly offered to fill a take away cup with coffee, when I told we didn't have time for a second cup of coffee. All things considered, we don't think we will be returning.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“After All These Years, Danny Continues to Amaze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have eaten at this little bungalow restaurant many times over the past few years, both for lunch and for dinner, and it is consistently amazing. The menu is extensive and I always ask for a special combination of spicy tomato sauce with some sesame oil and it is brilliant. I often buy the bottled pasta sauce and take it with me. Most of my time is spent in Thailand, but when I return to Canada, Danny's is a must stop. Don't be put off by the new highway and the fact that you need to drive a small extra distance; it is really worth it. Go hungry, the portions are large! If you are local, consider the catering option.

• Visited January 2013