“Blad and Unappetizing” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 36 Restaurants in Port Dover
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casually contemporary gastropub. Multiple level patios and interior space great bar with TV's, extensive wine selection, 8 draught choices, with a great cocktail and imported spirits list. 211 offers a diverse menu with options of great wings,pizza, kids menu, with many fabulous entree features! We strive to appeal to all people and occasions. Come visit us at 211 and we will do our best to make your experience the best ever!
“Blad and Unappetizing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Nice decor and lovely deck and outdoor patio. Probably a good place for just drinks.
The staff was pleasant and friendly. The same could not be said for the food. We ordered dry wings for our table to share. Very odd they had grill marks on them but the skin was soft and raw. Some of the drumlets were pink/raw inside. The BBQ sauce on the wings was watery and not cooked on. Just dreadful. We all found the sandwiches awful ... completely tasteless and bland. The steak in my sandwich seemed poached. The quality of ingredient appeared good but clearly don't know how to cook. Not a goos way to end a day at the beach.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Best meal and reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We spent one night in Port Dover and decided against the Erie Beach hotel for supper as we had eaten there before (it was also good). We found this place by walking around and looking inside and also looking at people's plates as they were eating, it looked really nice so we stayed. Food was excellent, split a plate of nachos and the perch special (13$) and enjoyed both. Very filling and reasonable pricing. Staff were excellent as was the seating. We sat outside on the wooden deck and that was awesome for ambience and if course a bit of people watching. I do recommend this place and will be back to it again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Exactly what Dover needs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

The other day my husband and I went to 211 main for our anniversary. It was a perfect way to celebrate our special day. Having a glutton issue, I was very pleased to see that they offered thornbury cider as a glutton free alternative. For my main course I had the stuffed bird which was fantastic and my husband, the nacho fanatic ordered the nacho platter with pulled pork which he enjoyed very much. When our waitress suggested rhubarb pie for dessert my husband was automatically sold! He loved it. Overall, the atmosphere was very relaxing, yet lively and the service with great. 211 main is definitely the place to be!

Simcoe, Canada
“Amazing place to dine or just drink with friends!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Three awesome outdoor patios overlooking main street of beautiful Port Dover are perfect for enjoying a pitcher of their awesome Sangria on! I have been three times since they opened and have been pleased each time. Some highlights were the crab and shrimp cakes - such a neat twist , flavorful and fresh! Loved the apple brie and chicken melt - so huge I could only eat half so my husband loved that ;) He had one of the stuffed burgers which was MASSIVE and on a soft pretzel bun which he really enjoyed. The pizza I split with a girlfriend was perfectly thin! The biggest selection of wines in Port Dover for sure and the black forest cake shooter we did to celebrate my husbands birthday was amazing also! Friendly staff and a very cool vibe, definitely the coolest atmosphere of any establishment in Dover. I can see my friends and I enjoying many nights this Summer on their decks!

“Much improved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I went in the first week it opened and it was very slow service and the food took forever. Now that they have been open over a month they are much faster and the service has much improved. The prices are fair and the atmosphere is lovely. I don't know why you expect such high service the first two weeks open anyways. I would strongly recommend!