I stayed 6 nights with my 9 yo daughter. Staff were very friendly & helpful. We loved the charm of the restaurant area and the food was great. The view of the snow covered volcanoes from the restaurant and bar area is really beautiful. We booked a self contained loft apartment for our 1st night, as this night booked out with our cheap deal for a twin room. First night in our Loft apartment went pretty well, it was Saturday night, so it was noisy til midnight, but then it quieted down OK. All of the rooms surround a central spa area and the dining/lounge area also opens into this area where the smokers sometimes gather til late. The next day we had to move to a twin room, but I can't recommend the twin/double rooms at all. The walls are so thin that you could hear everything from both rooms either side! One side they were having a domestic which didn't quieten til midnight. This room was also very close to the central spas, where large groups enjoy themselves shouting out over the jets . There was no TV in the twin room, so we had no chance to drown out all the noise. The next day we paid extra to move back to a loft apartment, which was much quieter, as it was tucked away in the corner.
We did really like this lodge, but it isn't the best if you are a light sleeper. Guests walk by the rooms on two levels on a wooden decking, which is really noisy. The lounge area is open 24 hours, so there are quite often people continually stomping by all hours of the night. Management/staff do not stay on the premises, so you are at the mercy of other guests behaviour. We did have 3 good nights sleep out of 6. We had 5 great days skiing at Whakapappa, which is an easy 20 minute drive.
- Also Known As:
- The Park Travellers Hotel National Park Village
- The Park Travellers Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since opening in 2006, The Park has transformed itself into a lodge designed with travellers, adventurers and families in mind. It is the newest accommodation provider in National Park, and facilities include a fantastic Spiral Railway themed bar, restaurant, self catering kitchen, guest TV lounge, dining area, large open fireplaces, spa pools, wireless internet and much more. Conference, school group and wedding facilities are also available on-site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Park Travellers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.