This hotel seems to be entered under what must be an old name in Tripadvisor. I stayed at Sallacher Strasse 41, in the same building shown in the photo, but the name is now `Landhaus Strussnighof`.
The hotel was quite easy to get to from the A2, and the GPS found it with no problem. It`s in what is really a residential area on the north side of the Worthersee, overlooking the lake. At the entrance there is a large grassed area that is used for parking.
The hotel grounds consist of three buildings, one of which is the owner`s home, one the main building with the dining room, reception area and several hotel rooms (I think this is the oldest building of the three), and a third newer building. I was in the main building.
My stay here was a slightly mixed experience, mostly positve, with one or two negatives.
1. The setting. This is on the edge of Portschach in a semi-rural location. It`s set quite high up from the lake, it`s a very quiet and restful setting. My room had a very nice view towards the Worthersee.
2. The owners were very welcoming, and spoke very good English.
3. The grounds are beautifully landscaped, with roses and other perennials, and some benches and tables scattered around the grounds.
4. The rooms are large and comfortable (or at least mine was). They are furnished with antiques, and the halls are lined with various crafts and antiques. The overall effect is similar to what you might see in a countryside inn in North America.
5. The price is acceptable for what is quite a pricey area of Austria.
1. The Wi-Fi didn`t work. Their information says that it works in some hotel rooms and in all the public areas. While I was there it didn`t work in either my room or the public areas.
2. The floorboards in the main building squeak. Some people would say this adds character, but after a while it was just irritating.
This hotel would be best for those with a car. Access by public transportation would likely be difficult. They have plenty of parking in a large lawn by the entrance.
This hotel doesn`t have elevators, at least in the main building, so people who have problems with stairs would have trouble here.
The breakfast was the usual buffet seen in Germany and Austria - good and quite a varied selection.
I would stay here again.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Apparthaus Strussnig reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.