“At £10 per day....” 3 of 5 stars

London, United Kingdom
“At £10 per day....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Hi there,

As mentioned before by others. you get what you paid for. We paid around £10 per day each for all inclusive!!!! I wasn't expecting much and that is what i got ! Fair deal seems to me. Rooms were clean, food acceptable at best but for £10/ day I was happy. The staff could be more polite and hospitable as it really does not cost anything but i guess that for what they get paid the do not have the will or power to smile. On the other hand if you don't like the job then leave it... I worked 15 years in hospitality for various pays and always was nice to customers.....

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Overall, our stay at Telemachos hotel (12-26 Sept 2013) was not too bad. But then we had only booked B&B accommodation. I will try to give as accurate a review as I possibly can- good and bad. Here goes:

From speaking to other guests at this hotel, it appeared that the food was the main issue that upset them- the more food that they "paid for" the more upset that they became. We found food was of generally poor quality- unless you took the Greek option (olives, feta cheese, bread, Greek yoghurt...). If you expected or took what they would class as a "full English breakfast", you would be rather disappointed, even if it did consist of eggs, bacon, sausage and beans...

What my partner and I found was that they gave you two fried eggs- one on top of the other- the top one was OK- even if the yoke was a bit solid, but the lower one had a rather grey / brown looking yoke and tasted / smelt off / bad. I suspect the lower eggs were the previous days eggs- which may have been re-cycled several times. (I avoided the eggs altogether after this experience).

The beans they had to fish for in a very watery juice- so they were probably the kind of beans you buy from Poundstretchers or the like for 2p a can. The bacon was streaky bacon, with not a lot of meat on, and the sausages were a kind of frankfurter- basically a hard garlic-flavoured hot-dog.

If you want the breakfast, you had to be quick. It was served from 8 am until 9.30 am, so if you were off on an excursion and had to leave at 7.30, or you overslept- you missed out. (Might be a blessing). TIP: Go to the bottom of the bank, cross the road and get your breakfast at Mama Taka's. €5 for Full English, with a coffee. Much better! And you can watch Sky Sports there too. (You don't have a TV in your room at Telemachos).

I can't comment on the evening meals etc., as we didn't have any, but speaking to those that did- they said they were very cheap "chips and beans" type meals. Those having paid for "All Inclusive" found it to be a rather expensive holiday, because after 1 or 2 days of this kind of food, they ate out.

There are basically 2 bars at the hotel, one for All Inclusive, one for B&B / Half board etc. We bought our beers (€2 for a quarter litre / half pint of draught, or a bottled Mythos, Alfa etc) at the B&B one, and had no problems- the beer was fine, but once there was nobody serving here so I went across to the All Inclusive bar and got 2 beers- the difference was immediately noticeable. The beer tasted like a watery home-brew!

The beds are basically single camp beds- so don't expect to cuddle up with your loved one at night. They are quite hard too, so you may need a massage during your stay! The balcony's outside each room are nice and big though- easily big enough for a sun bed. There was no shortage of sunbeds either. On the downside, if you want a shower, you have to either hold the shower head, or balance it on a wire cage.

We paid €90 for air conditioning for the duration of our 2 week stay. We decided to pay for this as it was rather uncomfortably warm and stuffy in the rooms without this. We can appreciate that being hit with this additional cost right at the start of their "fully paid for" holiday, may annoy many guests. If you don't pay for this, sleeping may be quite difficult.

That's if you can get any sleep over the karaoke music that blares out so loudly that it would drown out concorde taking off! It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't the same stuff again and again: "If I said you had a beautiful body would you hold it against me", "Kingston Town" etc etc. Themselves not too bad songs, but being sung by people that can't sing (or were they deliberately singing as badly as possible?) until about 1 am!!! TIP: Pack good ear-plugs!

The hotel itself is at the top of a bank, that gets a bit steep towards the top, so proves a bit of a climb in the heat of a hot day, but the views are nice. The hotel is located at the bottom (Daphnila Bay / Gouvia) end of Dassia, so you have a ~300 - 500 metre walk into the centre of Dassia, but it is convenient for the supermarkets at the bottom of the bank.

The pools at the hotel were good and clean and the staff we found to be very good and friendly, but if I was to return to Corfu I would look to go to another hotel. Dassia does not have much of a beach. I think I would aim to be based at Paleokastritsa, Sidari or Kassiopi.

I suppose a hotel has to make a profit. This hotel was one of the cheapest around, so to make a profit to pay the staff, and maintain the hotel the costs had to be cut to the bare minimum. This might be just €5 per guest per week! This, unfortunately, has an impact on the quality of the food supplied. Don't expect good quality food if you have paid a very low price. I would say use this hotel as a base for travelling around Corfu- Dassia is good for excursions, souvenir shops, car / boat / quadbike / scooter hire, cocktail bars etc. I would, however NOT recommend this hotel for anything other than Room Only or B&B accommodation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Watford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

OK so here is my opinion on the hotel.... reading all those reviews I got really upset and unable to sleep for some time. At the end just decided to go with it taking into account we only paid a little bit over £110 for a week of all inclusive ... upon arrival we prayed silently it was not our hotel due to the hill but it was... the manager told us to go for lunch and then come to check in.I guess it could feel a little rude at first but once we had a little chat everyine was really really nice to us. We decided to pay extra for the upgrade and got a spacious room on the second floor with huge balcony.

The room was really clean with liads of space comparing other hotels we stayed in. The bed was made up everyday and clean by hard working maids, bathroom the same. The walls had a little wear and tear some small marks on the walls but nothing too bad. The towels were changed daily which we did not neccessary want but could not do much about it.

The pool area was not the greatest but the pool and area were clean. We are not into staying much at a hotel as we prefered to move around and only used pool on 2 short occassions. We did not really bothered with pool snacks as there was not a lot of variety but as I mentioned we did not stayed around too much. We did nit drink too much too as there was not a lot of choice for alcohol.

Food was really good. Not a lot of choice but we always found something to eat and were not hungry. The cook Derek was very nice and always happy to have a quick chat and a joke. As we were out a lot we only had breakfasts and dinners with the first one was a little more dissapointing. Once again there was bread some meat slices marmalade muslie and cornflakes, fresh tomatoes and fetta cheese. Also a yoghurt with canned (so what) peaches and honey. For hot things you could choose eggs, beacon, baked beans and sausages. You have to remember that the food is a bit different when made in Greece so of course it will taste and look a bit different. For dinner there was always a meat dish, lovely rice, pasta with some cooked or fresh vegetables. For a dessert you had fresh watermelon or cake. The best time to eat was to go there as soon as it opened so the food was still quite hot. I Recommend reading a little about greek culture to understand that the food is not too hot and why.

Ok so to summarise our experiance at the hotel we say you get what you pay for. It was not the worst hotel we stayed at but of course there are things that could have improved. The staff was very friendly room was clean. I think a bit more variety in food and alcohol coud help but I guess with limited budget it might be hard t be achieved.

• Stayed September 2013
scotland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The hotel was average but nice and clean, staff were very friendly couldn't do enough for you, there was a hill to get up to hotel, but by end of week I had leg muscles like no other lol, the hotel all inclusive finished at 9.30pm, afterwards the other bar was quite expensive, karaoke in the hotel was such a laugh, only entertainment of the week, the hotel food was, only what the chef could do with his budget each day, one meat dish in the evening and one pudding either cake or water melon alternating each night, i lived on lettuce, onion and tomato pasta, bread, the town of Dassia is small and each shop had very friendly and obliging people, especially the cake shop, with homemade cheesecake to die for, take the bus into Corfu town for only 2 euros each, all in all, the week was relaxing just what we went for

Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Just returned from the Telmachos in Daccia and worst holiday in 20 years.
Mostly all of the bad reviews are spot on.

Most of the staff are rude and the food is inedible.
Watered down beer, Ouzo and a few soft drinks seem to be the only drink available all inclusive.
The bar closes at 1am and they put you to bed at 01.30 even if you are only sitting talking quietly and shout at you if you dont go.
Staff enter rooms without permission and young girls who have no interest in certain barmen are terrorized until they finally leave.
All in all it will be a place i never in my life return to and would advise anyone looking to go to Daccia to pay a little more for a better hotel.

Room Tip: There is no such thing this is a very basic hotel. Best option is to choose a different hotel.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my friend stayed there for a week, and yes at first I was like I'm not staying there, but we did,and im glad i did, met some great people, in the hotel.
Be aware it is on a hill, but it's not to bad.
We went out most nights, met some people that showed us about, and some nights went to the bars, overall the hotel is ok , it's what u pay for, the beds are clean, and that's all that matters,
We had a great time and I would go back, not just for the hotel, but the fun nights out!!

• Stayed August 2013
Andover, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

With proper management this could be a really nice hotel instead of the grubby dump it is. We went all inclusive in what we thought was a 3* hotel only to find out the Greek tourist board had downgraded it to 1* the week before we booked. The GTB also told us they were going to take away the licence so they can't take any more guests. Met a lovely couple and their baby of 13 months, the babe was sick all over the high chair at dinner time ant the staff removed the chair to the KITCHEN while food was beeing prepared/served. Demitri the barman threatened 4 Welsh lads with a knife on the night we arrived and he was also offering money to yeenage coples to have group sex. Another barman I think hs name is Billy, used a tea towel to wipe sweat off his face then used that cloth to wipe glasses, I witnessed that. The "inclusive" barman was drinking more than me and the staff were abusive to some young lads accusing them of stealing beer - already paid for in all inclusive. A young couple had sewage coming up through the drain in their bathroom.The german owners told me and my friend if we want to complain we can just leave. Eventually our tour operator (useless people at Hot deals holidays) managed to find us a 2* B&B down the road which in comparison to tele craphole was the ritz. Lisa's bed had a hole in the mattress, my companion had ants in hers on "clean" sheets. Some people have said it's a lovely hotel with lovely staff but all I can say is they must have very low standards. I took photo's of our room because I knew people wouldn't believe me. I am not going to rate this hotel - it needs to close.

Room Tip: avoid rooms in main building, the newer block is tidier but still I wouldn't recommend this.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Telemachos Hotel? Share your experiences!