“Nice Holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 hotels in Dassia
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
“Nice Holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

As other reviews nice hotel, decent food and friendly staff. A bit better than some of the other comparable hotels on the island. It is a big hotel though and was getting busy late June putting pressure on the dining room staff to keep up.

Room Tip: Worth paying to get a sea view as the road outside the hotel is busy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManolisPapadakisGM, General Manager at Dassia Chandris, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thanks so much for reviewing our hotel. I am certainly pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Chandris Dassia hotel. We look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

267 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
Novi Sad, Serbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is fairly big hotel complex for Greece (it consists of 2 hotel buildings and quite some bungalows) with shared facilities beach, pools, playgrounds.
Overall impression that this is relatively old complex (i would say 30 years at least) but very well maintained and obviously refurnished and reconstructed on a regular basis.
The first impression that lasted for whole holiday was cleanliness and gardening of the facility which was of highest level. These two facts alone for me would be enough to give Chandris few two thumbs up! One thing that you should be aware though is that the hotel beach i in fact a public beach and that whole \hotel complex is used a walkway and through way for many non hotel guests which is sort of regulated by hotel security but you definitely don't have any type of privacy or exclusivity, this goes to the level where sunbeds right in front of hotel are chargeable for everybody including the hotel guests. As usual in hotels breakfasts and dinners are great for first several times then after a while it becomes a bit repetitive but both the selection and the service was at OK level so o big surprises in that regard (please note that men are expected to wear pants during the dinner, a bit of a push but in Greece they tend to to this quite often). There are 3 pool areas again well taken care of and quite standard (you will not find any type of huge/dominating pool areas like at some resorts have), but you will have your share of daily organized daily activities in and close to the pools.. Evening entertainment is bit lame but for my kids (5,3) it was great so no huge issue there either. Note that Dassia itself has very little to offer, so it is either a hotel complex or nothing (so definitely plan for a car/bike/quad/rental).

Room Tip: We have specifically asked for ground floor sea view rooms (by friends recommendation) and they were...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay here at the Chandris Dassia hotel! I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Glad that you enjoyed our services and our cuisine during breakfast and evening meals. Thank you for your recommendation for families with children. I am really happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. Look forward having the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just got back from a week at The Dassia Chandris. Iv'e never bothered to write a review on here before but was so happy with our holiday I decided to write one for this hotel.
The staff were helpful and friendly, everything was very clean, the room was lovely (although next time I will be requesting a sea view room) not because of any problem just the scenery is stunning and I would love to wake up to it every morning. The food was excellent especially breakfast and the desserts, and the beach was gorgeous. We only used the pool once as we prefer the sea but it was lovely too. We did take advantage of the happy hour prices on drinks and the cocktails were great, but did tend to go out in the evenings to the tavernas across the road. All in all a wonderful holiday and we are already making plans to return there for one of our holidays next year. Thank you for making our week a great one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am really glad that you enjoyed your stay in the Chandris Dassia hotel. Glad that you find our staff all helpful and friendly, and that you find the food excellent especially breakfast with it's desserts. Certainly glad that you took advantage of the happy hour prices on drinks and that our cocktails were great !!! I am really happy that you had a fantastic holiday.
We strive to provide our guests with the ultimate Chandris resort hotels experience and certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Craiova, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in this hotel just 2 nights, but they were enough to make us want to come again. I have the feeling that this hotel was designed for elders/families that want to have a great time relaxing on the beach.

GOOD PARTS:

- good food, and plenty of it

- nice beach (although part of it is made of rocks - some 4-5 meters or so), with garden/vegetation that keeps the temperatures lower

- clean & modern room

- nice bathroom with all the things you would expect from a 4 stars hotel

OK/BAD PARTS:

- small pool (but if you ask me it would be a shame to stay there instead of walking 40-50 meters to the beach!).

- no animators (or at least we didn't see any).

- just one main restaurant (or more, but we didn't see them)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay here at the Chandris Dassia hotel! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our cuisine during breakfast and evening meals and that you found our beach and gardens lovely. Certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future perhaps more days this time.
Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

First impressions - ok. Reception large and open. Greeting efficient. Lifts - one not working and the other frankly was a bit tatty. However, we were only two floors up so after the first journey we used the stairs. Room was fine - perhaps not four stars, but three. We were not offered a sea view, so knew our view would not be great. It wasn't. They say mountainview, but the mountains are way off to the right. What you get is a road/hill view. I also knew there would be road noise and there was, but at night with doors closed and air con on, it didn't disturb us. Bathroom was fine - plenty of hot water and shower worked well. Two safety issues here. There is a door stop right in the middle of the floor. Husband tripped on it twice. Also, when we arrived, the safety cord was knotted to the towel rail. Not much use if you do fall over the door stop. So unknot it when you get there. Last gripe would be about the beach. It is NOT sandy. It is stoney. We knew that, so we brought relevant footwear - I would suggest anyone going there does the same. Also it is not private - anyone can use it. We heard the attendant tell the people beside us that they could use the beds and parasols for €5 each including a towel, as opposed to hotel guests who pay €3 each. I don't mind the €3, but I do mind if I can't get a bed under a parasol because non hotel guests have got there first. I dread to think what its like in high season.
Having now dealt with the niggles, let's move to the good. The back part of the hotel and the beach area are lovely and peaceful and I think the view is fantastic. We were extremely happy with the food. Plenty of choice. Second week was somewhat busier and sometimes you had to wait for replenishments. We did get a little bored the second week, so escaped in the evenings, not because there was a problem, but simply that I had a need for grilled prawns! Try Alexandros across the road if you have the same yearning! Beer is dearer in the hotel, but that is to be expected - they have a happy hour in the early evening which helps.
The payback for road noise is easy access to the local bars and the bus to Corfu town. We traveled in and out regularly and it was great. We also used the bars at the seafront at night. It was really lovely sitting only feet from the waters edge.
All in all, I would return here - but only if I got a room with a seaview and the price was right!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManolisPapadakisGM, General Manager at Dassia Chandris, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you find our buffet delicious with plenty of choice, both for breakfast and dinner. I see you took advantage of the happy hour and hope you were pleased of our bar service as well. Concerning room allocation please contact us in advance in order to find the best suitable room type for you. We certainly look forward to welcome you back again in the near future.
Cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We arrived on the 14th July and were given a lovely bedroomwhich overlooked the sea and the hills. Excellent standard of cleanliness . The hotel is in large grounds leading to the sea and the gardens are lovely very spacious. Food excellent and the down side to the dining room is that the request for no shorts or flip flops in the evening is not carried out .There were quite a few men who looked as though they had just come off the beachl. I agree with some of the comments about the lack of sunbeds and brollys. Not enough by far People were coming down at about 6am to claim the few that there were. So by the time we went down after breakfast at 9am there were none left. Otherwise it is a good hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for providing feedback on your recent stay here at the Chandris Dassia hotel! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our cuisine during breakfast and evening meals and that you found our gardens lovely and spacious. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you dealt with regarding the sunbeds around the pool. Just for your information we have a great number of sunbeds around both pools and also within the resort enough to cover all our guests’ needs. Every day appointed staff such as the pool lifeguards and the beach boys are ready to assist you no matter where you are. Again, thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back in the near future perhaps next summer.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We arrived at night after a short transfer from the airport(only 30 mins). We are a young couple in our 20's and my partner was 15 weeks pregnant.

Pros included a free safe and free aircon. We also had a cracking view from the balcony of our room. We were facing the pool and could see the Albanian mountains in the background. The staff were all excellent, they really do make go out of their way for you the service was great, from the entertainers right down to the catering staff and the maids. Beach towels provided was also a bonus as I've known 4 start hotels charge for this service before. Another bonus was that there is a drinking water fountain on one of the floors, so that you don't have to keep buying bottles of water from the supermarket across the road, thus saving you money.

The location of the hotel is good really, the beach isn't private but it is cheaper to get a sunbed on the beach if you reside at the hotel. Whilst the beach is shingle, as soon as your in the water its sand and you can walk in the sea with ease. the scenery of the hotel never gets boring, because its so green and beautiful. If you wanted to sunbathe in peace and quiet you could easily find a quiet spot of grass. Food was Ok, choice was decent, though I would recommend eating out a couple of times over a 1 week stay as there are some great restaurants to try in Dassia. The hotel gave you the choice of swapping your evening meal for a 10 Euro voucher for lunch at the supposed a la carte restaurant. This was overpriced but the pizzas were amazing.

The cons include the fact that there was a limited amount of sunbeds around the pool and even less brollies. The sun beds also got reserved really early, this was annoying as some were reserved then it seemed they was not using them for most of the day. What also let the hotel down was the high prices for drinks, they had a huge lobby area and provided entertainment, they could have maybe filled it more by offering drinks at a more reasonable price. Every night we walked and had a drink in several bars. Our favourite was The Woodpecker just across the road, only 3 euros a pint of Mythos, love the stuff!

On the second night I got down on one knee and asked my girlfriend to marry me, therefore the Dassia Chandris will always hold a special place in my heart. The views really do add to a romantic setting. I were also there on my birthday when a member of staff brought a bottle of champagne to our room for free which I thought was really nice.

Overall, a great relaxing holiday on the beautiful Island of Corfu and money well spent

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Well your review was definitely worth waiting for! Thank you very much for your comments. I am really glad that you enjoyed your visit in the Chandris Dassia hotel. Glad that you find our staff all excellent, from the service and the entertainers right down to the catering staff and the maids. We strive to provide our guests with the ultimate Chandris resort hotels experience and certainly hope to welcome you back soon, perhaps on your honeymoon trip !!!
Best regards

Been to Dassia Chandris? Share your experiences!