Just came back from a 4-day break. Working and living in Cairo El Sokhna or Ain Soukna was for us only a 2 hours drive. From the outside you not really see the beauty at the inside. Parking full with garbage, old and you have the feeling they out for your money already. Check-in however the quickest ever I think. We were one hour too early but directly got the room and probably the best one: 2001. A few steps away from the beach. Nice view from one of the rooms and 2 terraces. Rooms were clean enough but it’s time for some renovation and redecoration. AC’s were working fine (too loud to sleep with) and were cooling better than the small fridge with the not complete mini bar products. The buffet for breakfast and dinner is a catastrophe. Although the staff is doing their best, the guest are really messing things up. Not enough place around the buffet and al this make your appetite disappear. When this not does the job, the quality of the food does. After trying the food I decided to stick with a salad which unfortunate only came with 2 types of dressing. The restaurant on the “island” however serves good quality food. The menu is not that extensive but you can find some interesting dishes. Unfortunate due to the buffet we were the only guests. First we were afraid that this affected the service etc. but it didn’t happen. The animation/recreation team probably did a good job throughout the day but besides rejecting their invitations we not had any other experience. Not really a night life and we witnessed the disco evening. For the children in the range between 3 and 7 it’s okay but then it stops I think. We left the adult disco after 30 minutes because of the many interruption during a song. Now to the beach and pool life. Starting with the first one. The beach is too small and not enough beds. I don’t know how they handle this when they have a full occupation. During our visit I estimated it on 60 - 70% and all the places near the beach were nearly occupied. The beach is dirty with a lot of garbage and things hidden in the sand. No ashtrays so you know what happens….Saw one day that 3 staff members try to clean up the beach for one hour and then they had enough. You find also this garbage between the many (dead) jelly fishes in the sea itself. So easy to get it cleaned and keep it clean. The sea life isn’t that spectacular. Be careful and the best is you wearing special shoes. Respect for the staff that are working at the pool bar, they really have to walk a lot in the burning sun and sand to serve all the people on the beach. Just not logic how this is organized or is working. The food from the pool bar menu looks attractive but in fact it’s less than even the buffet. The pool is nice and heated and it’s something special with the view around and from in the pool itself. Toilets are too far away and not enough and I think that’s the reason why they poor a lot of chloride after the pool is closed. The gardeners are a little irritating, maybe because our rooms were on the ground floor, but they continued looking through the windows. The garden area is nice and really taken care of. To make a long story short, it’s probably one of the best in the area although we only have a lot of experience with Stella di Mare Grand Hotel which is just better for many reasons. When you not expect too much and consider it as a 3-star hotel you going to have a good time. Maybe we are going to visit the hotel again but not more than 2 or 3 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ein El Sokhna is one of Egypt’s magical destinations that is yet to be discovered. The naturally breathtaking setting of the Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna, together with distinctive Swiss Hospitality accompanied by true Egyptian service and warmth, will surely make your stay particularly memorable. The unique surroundings will stimulate the senses since we are located directly on the Red Sea, one of the world’s most beautiful shores, which make this an exotic paradise for beach holidays, desert safaris and discovering the wonders of the underwater world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Venere, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna Hotel Ain Sukhna
- Moevenpick Hotel El Sokhna
- Moevenpick Hotel Ain Sukhna
- Moevenpick Resort El Sokhna Egypt/Ain Sukhna