Due to flight cancellations we were placed in this hotel overnight by our airline. The hotel is about 30 minutes by tram from Barcelona city centre so I wouldn't recommend staying there if you want to see the city sights, in fact it is in business park area, and the only shop that we found was a supermarket about 10 minutes walk away.
Reception staff were friendly and helpful despite being suddenly swamped with rather grumpy travellers, but it did take a long time to all be checked in. The lobby area is bright and welcoming and our room on the seventh floor did had a good view of the area. We were given a room with a double bed and two single beds, which made moving around a little awkward, but the bed itself was comfortable and there were plenty of pillows! Bathroom was clean with ample towels. There is supposedly free wi-fi but the connection was very unstable - however there is a computer area in the lobby, with a printer.
The bar area is pleasant enough but I did find the price of drinks rather expensive (over 6 euros for a coke and a fruit juice). We were provided with an evening meal but I'm sorry to say it wasn't particularly good - I suspect that this was due to our circumstances (the people from the airline were only allowed to sit in one area) but presumably the hotel did get paid for taking us in! As a result of this, we didn't try the breakfast. It may be that paying guests get better food ...
There's a smallish pool outside with some tables and chairs and overall I would say that it's an average chain hotel, comfortable enough for a one night stopover but rather pricey in the bar and there's nowhere near to go if you don't want to eat & drink there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 4 star hotel with 161 airconditioned and soundproofed rooms. Located next to the AP2 B23 motorway, 3 km outside of Barcelona and the Avenida Diagonal, it is easily accessible on the T3 tram line (at Sant Marti de l Erm) and on bus routes 78 and 157 as well being just 15 km from the airport. The hotel features the Claravia restaurant, a bar, meeting rooms, play area for children, outdoor swimming pool, a terrace area, private parking and WiFi Internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, ACCOR, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi Hotel Sant Joan Despi
- Novotel Sant Joan Despi
- Sant Joan Despi Novotel
- Novotel Barcelona Sant Joan Despi Province Of Barcelona