“Could have been good, but it ended up like a nightmare” 1 of 5 stars
Review of BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel

You added BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Volateria 3, Poligono Mas Blau, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Spain   |
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Could have been good, but it ended up like a nightmare”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

As I arrived at this hotel, I noticed the reception looked modern and nice and staff was fine.

When I got to my room and placed the key, the TV was already on, with unstable images.

The entrance light was also not working properly - blinking.

Maintenance came after I requested and fixed those initial problems.

When I got to the shower part, it turned into a nightmare. I turned it on to warm the water up and all of a sudden water splashed all over the bathroom. It turned out the shower part was really loose. As I tried to close it, I almost fell because it was really slippery. Result: got all wet and had to call maintenance wrapped in a towel. I had to make the third call of the night to reception to ask for someone to clean it....very unpleasant!

Water is not hot, just sort of warm.

Wi-fi is very slow, with interruptions.

Shuttle service from hotel is a black box. You don't know when it comes and people had to wait outside under torrential rain. Airport could also have better structure for the vans.

It is isolated and menu from room service is quite limited. I was already expecting that, though.

My impression: this hotel needs a much better management, despite beautiful and modern room. Things need to work properly! My stay was not enjoyable.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
FerranBAH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Good morning Ms ccap77,

We would like to explain you that we just fixed some showers that were not working as well as we wish, also we increased the speed of the free Wifi, now all the guests have good signal of our net in all the property.

The shuttle to the airport has an schedule, and you have all the information in the welcome letter and also in some places inside the building.

As you can see we are improving all our services, doing special efforts making the stay of our guests more enjoyable.

We are grateful for your comments and truly hope to have the chance to welcome you again in the future, also let me apologize for the inconveniences you have encountered during your stay.

Best regards,

Ferran Simón

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

If you want a hotel close to the airport then this is about as good as it gets..

Stayed here for one night in Mid November and found a modern functional hotel with large very clean, comfortable rooms. There was a super King size bed, crisp linen and importantly no noise. The only downside was the shower - non thermostatic and a shower head that had a mind of its own (not the best thing to fight with very early in the morning). Had dinner in the hotel and like almost all airport hotel food everywhere in the world it can not be described as good value. There are shuttle buses to the airport (which is maybe less than 5 mins away from the hotel) every 20 to 30 mins dependent on the time of day. The hotel is comparatively isolated and although there is a shuttle bus to the Rambas, it does not run frequently and so most likely you would need to use the public transport facilities at terminal one to get to the center - or a taxi.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

As airport hotels go, the Barcelona Airport Hotel is the perfect airport hotel. It seems very well looked after, spotlessly clean and has a very quiet, calm atmosphere. With low lighting everywhere you feel someone has thought carefully about smoothing the weary traveler's furrowed brow by giving them a hotel that is easy to use, not cluttered and really almost serene. All the staff help perfectly make the tranquil environment by being quietly attentive and helpful. I don't think you'd use it if you wanted the centre of Barcelona, but it's good value and - clearly - for the airport, ideal. The bedroom was nice and comfortable with good space to work in.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Even though we stayed only one night before returning home, I must say our experience was great. From the check-in process the agent was really nice and everyone working at the hotel seems to be very handsome too which is a plus! Our room was ready already at 10:30am which was a relief coming back from a cruise ship and the wifi was working great. Only down side was the phone at my room wasn't working with the handset which cost me a couple extra minutes, but overall the hotel is great. Air conditioner could be a little cooler too, but for only a night it was great.
Took advantage of the free shuttle to the airport, but the one to go to Las Ramblas was full, recommend to book well ahead, since I ended up paying 30 euros to get back to the city center.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Skaneateles, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Booked through Orbitz because it was so reasonably priced. Stayed there the night before our flight. It was perfect! Great location near the airport with a free shuttle. Super clean, friendly, modern. Perfect stop if you need an airport hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Belgium
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I only stayed at the hotel to be able to start my business trip by car early in the morning. The only facility I needed in the hotel was a bed.
As soon I entered the bed I was eaten by 'bugs'. I had bites all over my body.
My first and my last stay at this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

FerranBAH, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Good afternoon Mr. Robbert Z.

Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to our attention regarding your stay at the Barcelona Airport Hotel. I can tell you that we take any bad review extremely serious.

I can assure you the Barcelona Airport Hotel, does not have bedbugs. Our management and Housekeeping staff are both trained and educated in detecting the signs of bed bugs and we are vigilant in our efforts to keeping the hotel free of bugs.

I would like to add that no other guests before or since your stay have had any similar complaints. We can assure you, and all our tripadvisor readers that there were no prior or post complaints of bedbugs in our property.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions and/or concerns.
Again thank you so much for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.

Best regards,

Ferran Simón

Travelers are raving about these El Prat de Llobregat hotels

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We stayed here for a few days after our cruise. Staff was very helpful. Room service and food was excellent. The hotel was a little far from downtown but it was very quite because of the office park environment it was in. We used the bus stop across room the hotel so getting around was not hard at all. No real dinning options for eating late other than the hotel. Love the room. You can open the windows and let some fresh air in. The only thing on TV in the English language was a snooker competition. Great hotel I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!