“The low cost airline experience in a hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel

You added BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel to your Saves list
BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Plaza Volateria 3, Poligono Mas Blau, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Spain   |
Warsaw, Poland
“The low cost airline experience in a hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed here as we needed to be up early for a flight the next morning. When we arrived at Barcelona Airport we could not find the shuttle bus the hotel offers and ended up getting a very expensive taxi. We mentioned this to the hotel receptionist who said if you arrive at terminal 2 you have to phone them for the shuttle bus so it would have been helpful if this information could be made available when we booked.

In the evening we had a bland over priced meal in the restaurant. As mentioned above, this hotel is a bit like using a low cost airline, the basic room rate is OK but then you get overcharged for everything else. For example most hotels now offer some free wifi but here they will charge you heavily for it and the food cost far more than I would expect for the quality.

In summary this hotel is OK if you just want a bed for the night but staying here gets expensive if you want anything else and you could get better value for money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barcelona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not far from the airport. You have to take shuttle (just wait, it is comming every 20 minutes) or taxi. You can not walk. Very expensive restaurant. Breakfast is poor but OK. You can go to the Plaza Espanya taking line 65 opposite the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Hitchin, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for business purposes as I imagine a lot of people do due to it being so near the airport and located in a business park. It is therefore baffling that they charge such ridiculous prices for wifi - even 12 euro a night hostels offer free wifi nowadays!
The breakfast was very good but otherwise the food is awful. My club sandwich was made with cheap turkey ham and was so bland - even the chips were undercooked. Another night I had a room service pizza as I thought to myself 'how could you get a pizza wrong'. It arrived a whole 40 minutes later and it had so much cheese it was like chewing a mouthful of rubber.
The 'gym' was the most depressing, dark box with no windows and it was hot and stuffy.
The staff were generally helpful and polite however, and the rooms were nice.

Stay somewhere else if you can.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these El Prat de Llobregat hotels

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The room & bath are plush for the money, but you have to pay $12 for wifi and mine didn't work that well and it took multiple calls and a tech visit to get it working at all. Every time my iPad went to sleep I had to re-log in! Also, if you need to do a little road laundry its irritating that none of the sinks has any type of stopper (nor could the hotel provide one). I picked this over the TRYP bc of the free-down town shuttle service--the problem is that there is only one a day so its of limited value. The near-by TRYP is a better value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Tampere, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We stayd at BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel from 15.07.2013 to 16.07.2013.
Hotel was booked by some hotels booking page and it was paid already, but the hotel kept from me extra 116,49€ and this amount did not refund yet... Now is 21.08.2013!

I wrote to the hotel twice, but did not got any answer!!!

At the check-in to the hotel I gave my voucher to receptionist. He walked with him around, something checked. I asked: some problem? No, it's okay - said receptionist to me.

I read on-line reviews (http://www.tripadvisor.com) that the check-in and check-out does not always work well and quickly in this hotel, so I'm not surprised that with the voucher was any additional questions. I've never had any problems with internet-bookings and I was calm and confident that all is well. (And at the receptionist said me: "no problem, all is OK").

At the Checking-out (it was early in the morning, at 4:00), the hotel staff asked me: Do you want to pay the room now? I said: the room has already been paid!
"OK", seid me receptionist...

I understand that sometimes mistakes happen (we're only human :-), BUT hotel Does not respond to my e-mail! The hotel does not react! This is not right!!!!

4 stars hotel!!! YOU could respond to the client! Where is your respect for the customer! To the people!

I travel a lot, but it happened to me the first time!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Majorca, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights. The location has 2 sides. Very close to the airport, but public transport can take over 40 minutes to Espanya. Their shuttle service is good, as this only takes 20 minutes to the end of the Rambla near the port. The room was comfortable, but no facilities for making a cup of coffee or tea. There is a fridge for keeping drinks cool. Coffee is available at reception form 11pm till 6am. The breakfast was ok, although, as with any buffet breakfast it does not stay hot for ever, but plenty of choice. We had a problem with the safe and this was dealt with in 10 minutes of reporting. Beware, if you take a taxi from the airport it is a minimum of 20 euros. We asked the simple question of why, and received verbal aggro from the driver. This all happened because the bus driver from the Espanya in the city did not stop at the bus stop and it was the last bus at 11.30pm we took a bus to the airport then a taxi to the hotel. A big disappointment.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brighton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We thought we'd spend a relaxing day in a decent hotel before flying home but it was not to be. For such a large hotel there seemed to be very few staff - queues to check in and ordering a drink in the bar took ages. On a Saturday night only one bar with a limited menu was open and the 3 staff members were struggling to cope. The other bars and the main restaurant were closed. Unbelievable! The rooms were clean and comfortable but wi-fi is not free and drinks (if you can get served) are expensive. Overall I wish we'd chosen a hotel in central Barcelona as there was nothing nearby when we were let down by this hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!