“Near Airport” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto

You added Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto to your Saves list
Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Parque De Negocios Mas Blau II, 08820 El Prat de Llobregat, Spain   |
Hotel virtual tour
Hotel deals
Special Offer
up to -15% MeliáRewards
GreenLeadersBronze level
Vadodara, India
“Near Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Rooms are very okay but have the advantage of being a stone's throw from the Airport with a complimentary pick up and drop off. There was a good breakfast available at 6.30 am. The checjk out was smooth with no hiccups.There was a minor problem of traffic noises from the highway which is just pararell to the hotel sometimes at night.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
TRYPBCNAeropuerto, Guest Experience Manager at Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience after your stay with us!
We are happy that we had the chance to have you staying with us and that you enjoyed our rooms and breakfast! TRYP loves you and TRYP wants to have you back!

Warm regards,
Guest Experience Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

was a good hotel for our short tryp! also for next time! the staff was very helpfull and we had a late check out without any problems!
For a short tryp it is a nice hotel in the near from the airport Barcelonaè Thanks! best regards

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank YOU for such a great feedback! We will definitely keep on working so that next time you visit us we share an even greater experience!

Warm regards,
Guest Experience Manager
RTP54
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Not under any circumstances a 4 star hotel. No toiletries in the room. Noisy. AC barely worked and this was on a cloudy day, would hate to stay on a hot Barcelona night. Very old box TV. Shower temperature poorly controlled- either very hot or very cold. Reception was not very helpful.

Travelers are raving about these El Prat de Llobregat hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I was a little concerned after having read the reviews but I have absolutely no faults with our stay. I stayed here with my husband and two young children in April because we had a 6 am flight our of Barcelona. The staff was very helpful at check in and helped us to reserve a 3:30 am shuttle. The room was spotless and the king sized bed and pillows were very comfortable. My kids loved the bunk beds. There was some minor noise from the nearby roads but it was not bothersome. There was a separate hallway door that blocked noise from the corridor. We received an appropriate wake up call and the shuttle left right on time and got us to the hotel in less than 5 minutes. I cannot comment on the restaurant because we did not eat there but I was very glad that we stayed so close to the airport rather than in the city on the night before our flight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I have now stayed at this hotel on a total of 6 business trips to Barcelona. I have never written a hotel review but felt I had to for this one to warn other travelers. This hotel is in a word, a disgrace. My standards for these trips are not high. I simply want to be close to the airport for my morning flight, able to get a decent dinner in the hotel, shower and sleep.

When I arrive every time, the heat is on in the room for some reason and it's blasting hot inside. Open the windows and you can't even hold a phone conversation due to the street noise. This trip there wer about a half dozen tiny hairs (I won't say what they looked like) on the sheets and one on the pillow.

The bathroom wreaks of urine, likely due to the unmaintained bidet that looks and smells like it hasn't been cleaned, like, ever. I might be able to ignore it if it were not in my face right in front of the toilet while sitting there. The shower is dirty every time, the yellowed shower curtains have brown moldy edges.

The pillows are soft, they have that going for them! But this time my bed (a twin size) had a big spring sticking up in the middle--seriously? I tried to sleep on the side of it.

Then there's the restaurant, if you can call it that. They obviously know they are the only gig in town. You can't walk anywhere for a meal so you're stuck. I have seen now at least 10 meals at this place and every time my colleagues and I can't even eat more than a few bites. Tonight we were served mojitos that were brown (I drink a lot of mojitos and have never seen a brown one) with brown limes and mint in the bottom. The "Club Sandwich" was made with ham and mystery meat (not bacon), perhaps some sort of spam. Do they think we won't notice? The shrimp was old and hard and dry.

Anyway, I strongly recommend staying in the city of Barcelona and just getting a cab to the airport. This is just bad bad bad. Hopefully this is my first and last ever negative hotel review!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I m currently staying in this terrible Hotel!!!
The weather is so hot and the staff mentioned that there is no air-conditioning in all the rooms!The staff suggested opening the window but My room is facing the expressway which is very noisy! And the sun is shining directly into my room.
I requested for a fan but is not available.
They try to to give me a different room but is equally as bad!
I suggest NOT staying in this hotel

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We arrived at the airport at 3 am and called for the free hotel shuttle. We were very happy that it arrived so quickly and we were able to check in without delay. When planning the trip the hotel was very good about answering my emails promptly.

The beds were very comfortable with nice fluffy blankets and pillows and it was great to have a hot shower and nice sleep before our flight the next day. The hotel was very modern and streamlined but a little worn. We slept through breakfast but enjoyed the tea/coffee maker in the room. The wifi was fast too!

Just make sure you reserve the shuttle to the airport in advance, some people without reservations were turned away when the van filled up!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Tryp Barcelona Aeropuerto? Share your experiences!