“family city trip Barcelona” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Barcelona Cornella

Save Saved
You added Novotel Barcelona Cornella to your Saves list
Novotel Barcelona Cornella
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avinguda del Maresme 78 | Ronda de Dalt exit 15, 08940 Cornella de Llobregat, Spain   |
Hotel deals

512 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Close to the airport (maybe :15 cab ride) but think twice about booking here if you're expecting to be close to city center - you will not be. It's about :15 into the city WITHOUT traffic, but nearly :40 drive with traffic (rush hours). That said I was there for business and had a nice suite; very large and mostly comfortable. HUGE bathroom, well equipped, separate tub and shower, nice towels, decent light. Two complaints there . . . water leaks under the shower door. This is not a new problem as evidenced by water marks on the tile and wood damage about two inches up the door frame. This is a very evident problem - why not fix it? And the modern sinks make for very little counter space.

The room had a bit of a smell and there was evidence of insufficient cleaning (a bobby pin on the floor) but otherwise the room seemed clean enough. (I'm a clean freak so clean is very critical to my happiness). I overlooked the pool and gathering area which I didn't use but which was well lit and landscaped. The pool actually looked quite nice. The windows were operable, always a big plus to me.

Breakfast was included and always came on time. Basic and light offerings if it's delivered to the room but it was very nice.

Staff was great - lots of English spoken and all needs / questions were addressed well.

I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ANTONIONN, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank for taking the time to write us about your experience and for your kind words. For us the major recompense is to know our clients have enjoyed their stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornellà. I will share your nice words with the rest of the team.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are improving for our customer every day.
We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Antonio Navarro
Perth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

we booked this hotel as it was close to the airport only ten minutes tops in a taxi we were charged 25 euros but we were carrying 4 suitcases and luggage allowance added. We checked in to hotel with no problems receptionist friendly and offered wifi code and told to call if any problems.on entering room we were hit with a musty smell and literally stuck to the carpet on entering!!it was covered in stains and was well beyond the cleaning stage ,the room was acceptable ,mini bar available each product priced at 3 euros 50 from cans of coke to kitkats to tins of beer. we didnt have a huge problem as we were only staying over night and were leaving early morning for a flight ,didnt see pool area so cannot comment.there was an xbox in front foyer with kinnect (i think its called) and a little play area for kids ,we quickly dumped our things and headed to nou camp on our return i requested a wake up call at 6.15am as our phones had ran out of batteries ,unfortunately we didnt have a good night sleep as daughter was unwell (nothing to do with the hotel as we didnt eat there)i was awake with her throughout the night after eventually getting her to sleep at 5am i could not get back to sleep so lay in bed not wanting to wake anyone till i had to ,so lay waiting on phone to ring thankfully i got up to go to the toilet to discover my watch read 6.40am /(no wake up call) ,we rushed out of room to try and grab some breakfast (which starts at 6.30am)on passing reception i asked why we had not recieved wake up call and was told by receptionist that she had tried to call 4 times!! without any reply as you can imagine after the night i had just had i was livid i had seen just about every hour and had not slept at all since before 5am and that is the response i got i tried to explain that i had not been sleeping and no one had called room to hear her repeat same thing she had called room 4 times!!! we walked away disgusted and went to grab food this was a waste of time croissants and pain au chocolate which were stale on offer and hot food consisted of eggs that looked like they had been done at when i should have got wake up call lol raw looking sausages and bacon that when i tried to pick up all lifted together and couldnt be separated i kid you not! we ditched that and my partner went back to reception to hand over key and there was a young man also at reception with the argumentative receptionist who did offer his apologies and said he would check the phone ,we booked this hotel for closeness to airport and it very nearly was the cause of us missing our flight , there is much better in Barcelona dont go!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ANTONIONN, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Barcelona Cornella. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Antonio Navarro
Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I spent a week at the hotel and was dubious given the price and location but I wasn't pleasantly surprised. Taxi from the Barcelona airport took around 15 mins and deposited me at the hotel, didn't look very inviting from the outside. Inside though completely different. My room was spacious with a bathroom having a full size bath and separate shower cubicle. Room was clean fresh with a sofa and work desk area. Looking out of the curtains I found I was looking over the nearby motorway and wondered quite how I would sleep. Window closed and the traffic could barely be heard.
Breakfast was included in my room rate and I couldn't find fault with my choices. Hot food, cereals, pastries, pancakes and syrup. All serve yourself and unlimited.
The taxi rank outside always seemed to have at least one vehicle in hand. Of the few times I used one it set me back around €20 - €25 to get into the city centre. The Almeda underground train station was just over a 5 minute walk for for me, of course it varies per person for walking times. I used the train to get to the Gran Via conference centre, only a few stops to Europa and trains were frequent. Front desk staff were more than friendly. There's storage for cases after you check at no extra cost. The laundry service wasn't the cheapest I've used but you do pay for convenience so I can't grumble.
All in all, very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
ANTONIONN, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. For us the major recompense is to know our clients have enjoyed their stay in Novotel Barcelona Cornellà. I will share your nice words with the rest of the team.

We hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

AN General Manager.
Ballarat, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

For us this was a great location as we wanted to park the car and do the public transport thing (Metro 5 mins walk). The staff at reception were very nice and helpful and the room was nice (even if the bed could be more comfortable).
Our biggest complaint is that we wanted to eat at the restaurant but were directed to the bar for a meal (which was no worries), Apon our arrival however we could not get acknowledged from the staff whilst standing at the bar (Only us standing there and 7 people at tables)??? So we preceded to sit at a table and still no service after 15 mins.
Also every time we used the tap in the bathroom vanity the smell that came out of the drain was like something from the sewer !!!
We have stayed at a few Novotel's and unfortunately the restaurant side has left us a bit sour, but thank god for the reception staff.

Not good for a 4 star Novotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANTONIONN, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your nice words about our staff.

I am sorry because of your bad experience at our Restaurant, At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

AN General Manager
Issaquah, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night after our Mediterranean cruise ended. The Almeda metro station is about 10 minutes away. My wife accidentally slipped and injured her back during our afternoon of sightseeing, and Pilar at the front desk was absolutely wonderful! She got us a bag of ice to keep the swelling down, and even helped us bring our luggage up to the room. The room was clean and had a bathtub, but the carpet was old with numerous stains and burns. GROSS! We ate dinner at the hotel restaurant due to my wife's immobility, and it was extremely disappointing. The food was overpriced and very average. The best thing about this hotel is that it's close to the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ANTONIONN, General Manager at Novotel Barcelona Cornella, responded to this review, October 21, 2013

AN. General Manager

Been to Novotel Barcelona Cornella? Share your experiences!