“A good Sunday lunch” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
London
“A good Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This Sunday I took a French friend to the Swan to let her experience a Great British Sunday lunch. We asked for the beef to be rare – and it was - and the Yorkshire puds were enormous! Then came the difficult choice of which beer to choose (my friend only knew Carlesberg or Heineken). The nice waitress let us sample both the local Tring Side Pocket for a Toad and the Cornish St Austell Tribute, which we plumped for – a really lovely Real Ale. Great atmosphere, friendly service… all in all a real success. Thank you guys!

• Visited April 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Visited today with friends - chose the pub from various reviews and wasn't disappointed.
Lovely atmosphere and very pleasant staff (the owners).
Food was excellent all freshly cooked and a very good menu.
If I had one slight criticism it would be the cost of the desserts which I thought a little excessive.
Would thoroughly recommend this pub and if I am in the area again would go back.

Visited April 2013
Bovingdon,UK
“Great pub for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I live near to The Swan but haven't visited for about 8 years.....what a mistake....I shall be back.
Lunch was superb. Lovely homemade steak and kidney pie was just what the doctor ordered on a cold day ! My companion was very happy with her ham,egg and chips also.
Very good Timothy Taylor pint as well served by a friendly sociable landlord.
Looking forward to coming back for an evening meal.
Thank you for an easy and affordable experience....I highly recommend going if you are in the Chesham/Hemel Hempstead area.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent from start to finish!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My family and I booked a table at The Swan after reading reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a cold February evening and we were in the area after visiting the nearby Harry Potter World. On our arrival, the 'feel' of the place coupled with the roaring log fire made us realise that we'd made the right choice. Our host Sam, couldn't have been been more welcoming to us. She took the time to ask about our visit to the area, and my two daughters aged 7 and 9 thought she was 'lovely'. I ordered the seafood medley(can't remember its menu name) but it was fantastic, my wife's risotto was "perfect" and the kids pasta and fish and chips were "the best we've ever had!". The experience was that good that we went again the next night. If you're anywhere within 50 miles of the The Swan at Ley Hill, then give Sam a ring. We couldn't recommend it highly enough, we only wish it was closer to Nottingham!!

• Visited February 2013
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“A Wonderful Pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I am only wish I lived in Ley Hill so I could go to this pub every day! My boyfriend and I were visiting friends in the area and popped into this pub for lunch based on the previous reviews. As a cider drinker it was a joy to find they had traditional scrumpy on the pump and it was one of the best I'd ever tasted. Makes a change from the usual Strongbow served in most pubs. I ordered the fish and chips. The fish was beautifully cooked, the batter light and crispy and the chips were lovely, not to mention the generous portion of mushy peas. My boyfriend ordered the burger which had clearly been handmade with mince beef and had a lovely mustard sauce with melted cheese and rocket. A lovely atmosphere with wooden floors and beams and lovely staff. Can't recommend it enough. If I owned a pub, I would love it to be like this one.

• Visited February 2013