“Burger perfection! The best in the area.” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Hamburgers
Novi, Michigan
“Burger perfection! The best in the area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've eaten here on 6 separate occasions, and have been floored everytime. I drive all the way from Novi, Michigan just to get a taste of something I can't seem to replicate. I know it sounds crazy cause we're just talking about a burger, but if you ate here, you'd know. I wish there was a location closer to me and that they were a year-round, full service restaurant. I can't wait every winter for these burgers...please hurry up and franchise this!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Windsor, Canada
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great atmosphere, not ur typical burger joint! The food is awesome, the California burger is favorite! And I love the fact that they have gluten free buns!! I will definitely return, 5 stars!

Visited August 2012
Roseville, Michigan
“The best burger in Windsor & Detroit!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Who knew that the best burger in Detroit is actually in Windsor? We live in Michigan but frequent Canada often to visit friends and family, and when we do, we make sure to visit the Hungry Hippo. Their burgers are so delicious, words can't describe! We stumbled upon it accidentally, but thankfully we did! Can't wait for this little gem to open in spring!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Everything a burger should be... try the California burger!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The Hungry Hippo California Burger Shack is exactly what its name suggests... a small burger shack with a cool California-like atmosphere. Seating is at picnic tables outside, but if you want to avoid the heat, take your burger to go! The place is cash only, so be prepared.

The California burger is my fave... beef burger, alfalfa sprouts, vidalia onion, tomato, guacamole, cilantro-lime sauce, and aged cheese. It's pretty delicious. I like it so much that I've gotten it every time! Ingredients are fresh and you feel very satisfied after.

Fries/sides don't come with the burgers, so you'll have to order those separately. The fresh cut fries and sweet potato fries are both really crisp, and really tasty! Definitely get some of them to go with your burger. Check out their menu at: hungryhippo.com

One of the best burgers I've had in Windsor! :)

Visited July 2012
Windsor, Canada
“I loved it, husband said it was alright.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I think this place caters to the health conscience person like myself. I thought the chicken burger was great and the sweet potato fries even better. My husband, said it was alright, too much stuff on the burger, too messy, i think were his exact word. I enjoyed it very much and the place is super cute. Hope to see this place around for a long while!

• Visited June 2012