Have to say this was the best Holiday we have had and we have been around the world but for a family holiday with everything there for you it was just the best.
The resort was wonderful, the beach was ideallic and not crowded (weekends were a little noisier), the hotel had lots going on included in the package like horse riding, snorkelling, tennis, diving etc.
The pool area was spacious and regurlarly cleaned (although a little more hosing down the bed areas would have been nicer especially after one of the pool shows) the pool was cleaned daily. Remember to get up as early as 5.30 am to get a bed...that was an eye opener...we finally surpass the germans!
Trips were great, Swimming with dolphins was a treat, the cigar factory trip was very interesting.
The entertainment staff worked tirelessly and kept us all busy if we wanted to volley ball, water polo, salsa dancing (thanks Fernan), football, cocktail making the list goes on. The evening entertainment was varied and reasonably good. Check out the Pool show each week.
The food was good and varied, sometimes samey but the choice was huge so you could never get bored of it and the fresh grill of meat and fish was a delight. It was great to have four evenings included to meal at the A la carte restaurants serving Lobster and Chateau Briand!
The rooms were cleaned daily, although a little dated, everything worked and the free safe was a nice touch.
The hotel (although would not admit it) seems to run a 'towel scam' which needs ot be stopped, at the start of the holiday you are warned NOT to lose your beach towels which are provided for you or else a charge of £9 each would be levied. On leaving the resort, 5 families on our bus 'mysteriously lost' their towels on the last night (they are certainly not worth stealing trust me) and wer econfronted with a large bill on check or even on the bus when leaving. This is unecessary and will turn cusotmers away as it is the last memory they have of the place. Hotel, please sort this out before we come back next year!
Overall a great holiday and we plan on coming back next year with friends
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province