First timers in Cuba and certainly not disappointed. Spent 2 weeks over Xmas and New Year and just emptied out the final bits of white powdery sand from our suitcases. Travelled as a couple for a relaxing break and all the boxes were ticked . Read all the reviews like everyone else and you can over analyse them all!!.. Take the plunge and book up. Go to the Luna side if you want it quieter and relaxed. The French a la carte restaurant by far the best in the evening and by the day the beach restaurant is superb, great fish, lobster, salads and plenty to drink!!
Suggest trips to Holguin, cigar factory tour, swim with dolphins...great fun....and Island Paradise catamaran trip is a must.
Seeing Cuba outside of the resort gives a great appreciation to the charm and beauty of the people and surroundings.
The whole experience at the resort is made complete by the hard work and dedication of ALL of the staff from the manager downwards.
Special mention to the visibility and presence of the Manager Ricardo...he clearly has his finger on the pulse and the whole vibe of the place reflects his ideas and drive for top class customer service in every area. The resort can only get better!
You cannot help but want to tip every staff member so don't forget your tips they are all deserved and they go a long way!!
The beach and sea is stunning a huge highlight.
Cannot over emphasise how well the staff work to make your holiday special, relaxed and memorable....THANK YOU!
One moan sorry.....please eradicate the wild cats that prowl the outside buffet restaurant area...very off-putting and better still please remove the strange people that feed and encourage them that may help!!!
Recommend to stay here do not hesitate and we would come back any day!!
Good luck Adios ..
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel
- Sol Luna Mares
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less