Second time to Cuba after getting married there last year and second time to this hotel and by far it's the best in the area! Staff can't do enough for you, they remembered us despite thousands visiting every year. The management will do everything you want if asked, people complaining hadn't asked so did not give them the chance or opportunity to fix their problems before complaining. As always food is excellent, I'm sick of reading reviews where people complain about the flies, you are in Cuba and a fly never killed me! There is so much choice of food in the buffet it's unreal if you can't find something to eat it is not the fault of the staff or hotel, it's just your too fussy! We only visited the French and Mexican because we loved the variety of the buffet so much, we were able to have a little bit of everything.
The rooms are spotless and towels changed daily, no complaints there at all and our maid was lovely.
The beach amazing, customer service excellent (though remember to ask they aren't mind readers)
All staff excellent.
It is a little dated but remember this is Cuba they make the best of everything. We made lots new friends this year.
Trips are excellent value for money, but I'd recommend going to a taxi outside the hotel and asking him how much for a day trip and they will take you to see the real Cuba. We met a friend in a local village this year and had an amazing day with a beautiful lunch, definitely worth doing.
Cuba has changed a lot since our trip last year and the younger ones seem more forward in asking for things, I just think they are suggesting but it sounds like they are asking. I brought clothes and things to give away and gave to the people who deserved it and didn't ask. Clothes etc are very expensive for them to buy these are the best things to bring.
We had an amazing two weeks and I honestly had not one complaint to make about the hotel I did however have cause to complain about some guests who believe because they have paid for a holiday they can speak and treat staff however they want, and be extremely demanding, every time I found this totally unnecessary. We got served quicker because we were polite I didn't tip all the time nor did I feel it necessary to tip all the time. Staff do not forget who's polite and who is not this is worth bearing in mind.
Another amazing trip to Cuba I want to return right away! Cuban people are amazing and the mr Vasquez runs a very tight ship in this hotel and it's noticeable.
Please visit and make the most of it and you will enjoy it and have an amazing time as we have two years running! Thompson have pulled out of Cuba from the end of this season so we have to look into another way of getting there as Thomas cook is far to expensive for next year, bear this in mind when booking, it's as easy to fly to Canada and then Cuba and an awful lot cheaper if you live off mainland England.
Enjoy, room tip mares rooms are better it's a little bit noisier but didn't bother us at all both times we have stayed x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province