Second time at this resort in the last three years. If you want a very relaxing 2 weeks in paradise then this is the place for you.
Esmeralda beach is the very best in Cuba. Always quite - just two hotels access the beach.
Excellent snorkeling at right hand end of beach.
Food as good as before. Mainly had fresh cooked fish/shrimp(yummy!) each dinner, but there is huge range of food every day - in our view all yummy!
Excellent service all round.
Day trip to Holguin is not for the fainthearted - this is poor country remember. 2 hours in this city was enough(interesting but not too much to do)
Staff and management at this hotel are always there to help. No complaints.
Would go back again in a heartbeat - you want chilled with everything at hand.
Other guests at this resort who had been to other hotels in Cuba rated this and the beach the best.
Again all our thanks to everyone at this hotel who made this break perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Guardalavaca, Cuba - Holguin Province