“7th trip to this resort and MEMORIES is doing wonders!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Memories Holguin Beach Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rafael Freyre
Memories Holguin Beach Resort
You added Memories Holguin Beach Resort to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Playa Yuraguanal | Playa Yuraguanal - Holguin, Rafael Freyre 82.200, Cuba (Formerly Hotel Riu Playa Turquesa)   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Rafael Freyre
Halifax, Canada
“7th trip to this resort and MEMORIES is doing wonders!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our 7th trip to this resort, We travel with a large group yearly.
Aisel from Public Relations goes above and beyond every year to make our stay wonderful, and make sure we are all close together and our trip goes off without a hitch. Wouldn't be the same without her. Her hospitality and kindness does not go un noticed.
Yes the resort has lots of stairs its a good way to walk off some of the food and booze. or call reception, Elina is very helpful they can send a golf cart to pick you up if needed.
Now that its a memories I found the food WAY BETTER.
Yamir at the cigar bar is VERY NICE and helpful as well. Go pay hi ma visit you wont be disappointed.
Roberto at the pool bar always has a great show to watch, could sit there all day and watch.
Fridge is re stocked daily, rooms spotless
Just remember if you notice something not quite right a burnt out light etc just call reception they will send maintenance to your room asap to fix any issues.
and keep in mind this is CUBA, not DR or Mexico ETC, keep an open mind and you will not be disappointed,
the Cuban ppl are by far the nicest you will meet, you constantly feel safe exp off the resort.
I HIGHLY recommend this resort to others cannot wait to reutn in December.

Room Tip: 400 section close to beach and pool bar
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Resort was beautiful and pools nice and warm! Great bar tender at the pool bar ...loved his shows tossing bottles...he was amazing! Love love love the chairs on the room balcony and would love to find out where to buy them

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Our family has been to this resort 3 times and we absolutely love it and hope to come again for our 4th time, all the staff are wonderful and treat you so well, my kids have enjoyed their time there and always ask to come back! The beach is beautiful and the snorkelling is really nice to, there is always lots of entertainment by the pools and on the beach as well as at the buffet!
We really enjoy coming to this resort and have made lots of friends and the people and staff are amazing :)

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

I've never had the chance to go away to a destination resort. After looking through so many Cuban resorts, something was pulling us towards Memories Holguin. From start to finish the whole experience was something I will always remember. From the Security guards to the kitchen staff and everyone in between, everyone was so friendly and made sure that every part of the whole experience was memorable. The views are breath taking, the beach seems personal and there is always something happening for you to experience. Beach party's, Live music and events to get involved in. For a first time traveller at the age of 33, this has defiantly gave me the traveling bug. If your traveling with family, Friends, personal or business, this resort covers everything. If I ever had the chance to go back I would in a heart beat. I had already committed to the trip and was unable to share this experience with my girlfriend as my daughter has been receiving transfusions. I will some how manage to relive this experience with her in the future as I believe that everyone should have the chance to do so. To the all the staff, thank you for making my trip one that will always stay in my heart. It will be something I will never be able to top!!

Derek Walker
Ontario, Canada.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My family and I visited Memories Holguin Beach Resort the week of April 5-12. It was myself, my boyfriend and our 3 children. We were given a family suite which was just beautiful and a great size. My boyfriend and I were unsure of what the room was going to look like in terms of the set up but it was just perfect! We had 2 rooms separated by a small hall which had the bathroom and shower. The kids felt like it was a mini apartment! Both rooms had TV's which was great! The family suits are a bit far from the rest of the resort and beach, but we were able to always have a cart pick us up and drop us off every time we needed a ride. Otherwise we walked which wasn't bad either. The staff at this resort are just INCREDIBLE!! they are so nice and welcoming, and really made our stay a very memorable one. The food was good, the grounds are extremely well maintained and the beach is BEAUTIFUL!! We will definitely return to this resort!

Caledon, Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We loved having the double rooms, and the people were all great we made out good as well since my wife spoke spanish. The beach was good and Elvis the customer service person was awesome. The 800 level was far away from everything I really think Jesus should look into having a dedicated cart for everyone in the 800 section to the beach was far and to lobby a bit of a walk with 41C Sun beating down on you. We were able to get a cart here and there. The Food was good until the last couple of days when you just wanted a change from the Buffet. Again the people were great. like the reviews state a lot of walking again is fine but not for a family of 5 with different aged kids. Even in the evenings you had to bring your water bottles with you to refill because the walk later even to the lobby was quite far. Anyways great time...

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I would not recommended this resort to anyone. The resort is at best a 3 star. Bring the best mosquito repellant you can find. As for the birds waiting for you to leave your food at your table in the buffet nothing you can do to stop them. Flies all over the food and the food was also not the greatest. The caddies never came when you called them to pick you up from your room. If you have kids under 3yrs old this is not the resort to go to. They claimed to have kids shows like Disney shows in the theater never happen. Never saw Toopy and Binoo for the kids. I stayed here from April 24 to May 1st. This will be my last trip to Cuba.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Memories Holguin Beach Resort? Share your experiences!