“Possibly the best pate I have ever had!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Sydney
“Possibly the best pate I have ever had!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went in for a drink and ended up staying for dinner. The wine is expensive so I had a cocktail, which when we went to pay were advised that it was half price as it was happy hour! I don't know why they don't promote their happy hour and get some more people through the door! I had the pate with a house made bread (on the menu as sourdough but tasted more like soda bread). This was an absolute standout - it was served as a scoop rather than a block and was just so smooth and soft. I also had the boar ragu which was uninspiring (can make much better myself). My other half had a fish soup for entree which was quite nice, followed by an overpriced burger.

I would definitely go back again for happy hour, if they advertised what time that actually is! Otherwise, it is way overpriced.

Visited April 2013

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Best burger ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Just back from nbbd and the meal was fantastic, a bit quiet, but it was a Monday evening. The burgers were the best that I've eaten and the pulled pork was amazing and the crackling was fantastic. Couldn't manage dessert as we were all stuffed. Will go back and try to have some desserts!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I enjoyed a meal at this restaurant with a girlfriend. The service was very friendly and over all good. I had the Harvest plate and my girlfriend had the Holmbrae Chicken and we shared a salad. Both of the meals were absolutely delightful, extremely tasty with not one complaint. The dressing on the salad was amazing and she also enjoy an ice cream sandwich for desert. We will both be back and soon.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Too much hype”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

When you get voted one of the best burgers in Sydney (SMH Good food guide - Best Burgers), then you are on my 'MUST VISIT' list. So with high hopes, I visited this restaurant. Ordered the burger of course and unfortunately it was very underwhelming. The bun was dry, the burger was very small and was overall disappointing. Cant rate anything else. Wont be going back. Hope you do better.
Service=OK, Design and Fit-out =Nice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, ok service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Went for Valentines meal - set menu which was really nice although my pork was a little over cooked. My wife had been a couple of times before, this time was not quite as good as the last. She ordered a cocktail which was one of the reasons we chose the restaurant but it never came! Over all it was a good experience.

• Visited February 2013