“Excellent” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We stopped in at the restaurant on Friday on our last day in Nova Scotia. The ambiance was just OK but the food was marvelous and the service excellent. We had the duck crostini and the scallops followed by the duck linguine and the lamb shank - we would highly recommend each of these dishes. We will definitely return. Sorry to hear that the restaurant downtown has changed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Nova Scotia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

A few weeks ago I had a lovely lunch - spaghetti carbonara. Today it was linguine carbonara, and not good at all. Dry and sticky and large chewy and fatty pieces of pancetta. Yuk.

Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Again, and every time I have went to Il Mercato in Bedford, I have not been disappointed...awesome food. Best Caesar salad. Pastas are always excellent. Rich with flavour, and probably fat ;) It is a noisy restaurant, which means you can have a conversation without fear of other tables hearing you as they are busy talking as well. I have no complaints about this restaurant. And the desserts are a must to try. I almost tried one of the other tempting desserts in the show case, but changed at the last minute to my favourite Zuccotto! This dessert is the BEST!!! And it is so little and fluffy (alternating layers of chocolate cake, white chocolate moose, chocolate mousse, and covered in chocolate ganache). I'm in heaven everytime I eat it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

Dining room was noisy when I visited, however the staff were friendly and very attentive. Not as much flavor on the menu when you try to get away from the pasta choices.

Visited December 2012
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent food at reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This is our 'local restaurant' and has been a favourite for several years. They have an excellent selection of pastas and desserts are to die for. Last night we had the duck confit crostini, the calamari and the red and green cabbage salad. They were all great although the calamari could have been a little less breaded. The pasta stuffed with butternut squash with roasted pears and a Gorgonzola sauce is to die for..... excellent as always. Two of us had the beef tenderloin cooked medium rare as asked with a chunk of Gorgonzola on top..... ymmm. The desserts are always good and my friend had a lovely chocolate creme brule and my husband and I both had ice cream. It is a treat to have such a nice place to eat so close to home. The service as always is a cut above the usual.

Visited April 2013