“Beautiful place with super friendly hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Heritage Hideaway Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bedford
Heritage Hideaway Bed and Breakfast
You added Heritage Hideaway Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
36 Rutledge St. | Halifax Regional Municipality, Bedford, Nova Scotia B4A 1W9, Canada   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Bedford B&B and Inns
Lacombe, Canada
“Beautiful place with super friendly hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2010

This was our first real B&B experience. The room we had was fantastic! The hosts were super friendly and helpful. They told us about places we should visit around Nova Scotia and recommended other B&B's to stay at. The breakfast we had was so tasty and bountiful. I would stay here again and would recommend it to others with no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

In March when my company relocated my to the Halifax area, they found this great place for me to stay while house hunting. I stayed at Heritage Hideaway for two weeks and it felt just like home. The warm and friendly hospitality I received from Martin and Diane was exemplary. They were very generous in sharing their knowledge of the area which was a great help to me in trying to decide where to live.

This Victorian house has antiques throughout and is quite eloquent and very well maintained. The bed was very comfortable and the spacious guest room included all the necessary comforts and more .

The breakfasts were one of the highlights of my experience here. They were always well presented, delicious and plentiful. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a unique, personable and pampered experience.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Liked this place. Very clean. We had the room with the canopy bed. Everything was great including the breakfast. The only negative thing was the bed was getting old and wasn't very good quality.

victoria grl

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2007

My husband and I had a wonderful stay that the Heritage Hideaway. Diane and Martin are helpful and congenial hosts. The bedroom and attached bath were spotless; the bed was beautifully made and very comfy. The delicious hot breakfast kept us full until dinner that night! Located in a neighborhood outside of, but convenient to, the airport and Halifax.

• Liked — Hosts, Cleanliness, Decor
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Etobicoke, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2007

We stayed here during our whirlwind tour of the Maritimes in June 2007. Diane's cooking is amazing - she had me eating healthy food (I think bacon is a vegetable) and my husband called her the best cook in the Maritimes (he ate her freezer jam with everything). Her thoughtfulness in making sure our needs were met is greatly appreciated. The manner in which she runs and maintains her B&B brings
to mind a boutique hotel & I would definitely recommend this B&B to anyone.

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — can't think of anything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Cumbernauld, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2006

I booked this B&B through the Nova Scotia Tourist Board website and what a find this turned out to be.
The house itself is a period property that has been lovingly restored and furnished in a manner that retains the character of the house.
The bedrooms are luxuriously equipped with four poster beds and period furniture, quality bedding and air conditioning.
The en-suite bathroom has a rolltop bath and a seperate shower and the standard of cleanliness is beyond reproach.
The breakfast is served in the formal dining room and the quality and quantity far exceeds the price that you pay. It really is superb value for money.
The B&B has received 41/2 stars fro Canadaselect, the national accomodation agency and it is well deserved.
Nova Scotia is renowned for the standard of the hospitality that is offered and in this B&B I can understand why.
This was the last stop that I made on a five city tour of easten Canada and my only regret is that I did not arrive there sooner and stay longer.
If I return to Nova Scotai again, as I fully intend to do, this B&B will most certainly feature on my itinerary.

• Liked — Location, quality of accomodation and friendilliness of the owners.
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Heritage Hideaway Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!