“Pleasantly surprised.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Halifax, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2014 via mobile

We stopped in for lunch and were both pleasantly surprised by what was inside. You'll have to forgive me as I grew up remembering this place as only a bakery. I would never have guessed (without reading the sign) that this place served meals. Sorry for my ignorance.

The interior is nicely laid out. It reminded me of a trendy coffee shop that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A display case showcasing their homemade deserts great you as you make your way to your seat.

Our lunch, consisting of soup, sandwiches, baked beans, salad and desert was all good. The curry squash soup and baked beans lacked a little flavour . The peanut butter chocolate tart was pure heaven. The meal portions are not huge but ended up being enough.

The sandwiches are served on a wood board/cutting board with parchment paper, which I thought was very cool.

The place is well lit and clean. There are several windows between you and the kitchen allowing you to see your meal being prepared and to see all the baked goods and deserts coming out of the oven. Also very cool.

Our waitress was awesome. Very attentive and polite. Our coffee (which was really good) was constantly replenished.

We both loved this place and look forward to going back for the dinner menu.

Visited December 2014

Ottawa
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

Friendly staff. Nice ambience with a very unique menu that I understand changes regularly. Prices were quite reasonable relative to what I felt to be high quality well presented plates. All fresh ingredients and lots to see through the glass as they prepare the meals. It's a way out of Halifax but well worth the trip.

New Westminster, Canada
“high quality food, reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2014

Some of the best fish cakes I have had. All of the food was great and made well. I wish we had been able to sit at a table that watches the cooks. Request it if it is available.

• Visited October 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Worth the drive from Halifax”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

This was our first visit to this location as recommended to us by friends. We did want to order the chicken and waffles but unfortunately they were all out. We ordered the fish cakes with a poached egg and side of back bacon, as well as the smoked salmon benny with homemade tomato sauce. Fish cakes were very tasty and seasoned just right. The molasses beans and chutney on top tied the meal together. I can see why the smoked salmon benny is the top seller. The eggs were poached perfectly and the homemade biscuits are done flawlessly, crunchy on the outside and flaky on the inside. The potatoes on the side tasted great with the homemade tomato sauce. Even the coffee was delicious. Will definitely be back to try the chicken and waffles. Also curious to try their dinner menu.

• Visited November 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Tantallon, Canada
“Date Night Spectacular!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2014

Wow, last Wednesday night my fiance and I went to the date night special. OMG, it was beyond what I ever expected.....Calamari appetizer, glass of white wine, salmon entree and "mouth watering" chocolate mousse cake......we rolled out of there, feeling full. Most importantly the quality of the food and presentation were a perfect 10. We WILL return to date night!

• Visited November 2014