“To do list.... the Nordik Spa :)” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Chelsea
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the entrance of Gatineau Park, Nordik Spa-Nature is a haven that features relaxation techniques from the Nordic countries. Take the time to unwind and reenergize in our Nordic baths and waterfalls, steam baths, saunas, and relaxation areas. Revitalize all of your senses with a massage or a body treatment and a delicious and healthy meal at our restaurant & bar - you’ve earned it! Only 10 minutes from downtown Gatineau-Ottawa. Situé aux abords du parc de la Gatineau, Nordik Spa-Nature est un centre de détente privilégiant les techniques de relaxation des pays nordiques. Prenez le temps de relaxer et de refaire le plein d’énergie en profitant de nos bains extérieurs, chutes nordiques, baina de vapeur, saunas, et aires de détente. Combinez le tout à un massage ou a un soin corporel et un délicieux repas à notre resto-bar. À seulement 10 minutes du centre-ville de Gatineau-Ottawa.
Ottawa, Canada
18 attraction reviews
“To do list.... the Nordik Spa :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

At about only 10 minutes from Ottawa, this place is the place to go for relaxing.
There are 7 different baths (hot, cold, temperate,...).
There are 7 sauna experience available, some of those are fairly new.
We had a 60 minute massage that I reserve online. The reservation system is very easy to use.
Different massage are available (Swedish, Californian, hot stone,...).
There is the new experience - floating bath. A new 1,200 square ft. pool with Epsom salt.

If you stay for a long period of time, there is a restaurant and lounge area. The selection of food and wine is great.

You can also sleep at the Nordik. They offer accommodations.

List of things to bring :
-swim suit
-bathrobe
-sandals
-towels (the spa will give you 2 ...but if you want extra)
-a small bag to put : a bottle of water, a tuque if it is cold out, some reading material)

For more informations do not hesitate to call of look at the web page (in french of english).
Great experience a bit expensive but would go back for sure.

*The place is located on top of a hill so you will have to walk up and up, up ...

Visited January 2013

Ottawa, Canada
“christmas holiday at the Nordik Lodge and Spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We spend one night with our two adult sons and their spouse to the lodge and spa. Amazing service, the lodge is beautiful, very comfortable and private. We had the evening meal delivered to the lodge. The food was very good and abundant, enough for 10 persons. ( we ordered for 6). The spa in winter and at night is awesome. It was an exceptional week-end which will stay in our most cherished memories of Christmas. We should have booked for two nights instead of one. It was really the best part of our holidays season.
We will certainly return for two nights during the summer and might do it again next winter.

Montreal, Canada
“Not bad, but prefer Finlandaise in Laval”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Went to Spa Nordik on boxing day with my girlfriend.
The good: interesting, large layout, with some beautiful pools and saunas. Decent food.
The bad: the "hot spring" pools were definitely not hot enough. Most of the saunas were not hot enough. Felt there was a lack of oversight from management. We were not warned that we would need sandals by front desk staff, and ended up having to purchase some (it is impossible to enjoy a Nordic spa without foot protection, fyi). A bit too expensive, in my opinion (Finlandaise charges $35 for access to the baths).
Overall a pleasant experience, but doubt I'll be back anytime soon.

Visited December 2012
Thalie S, Public Relations Manager at Nordik Spa-Nature, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Mr. David,

To begin, thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed our variety of baths and saunas. Since we have more than one hot bath, we are able to provide a wide classification of temperatures. One of them is really hot, and the others differ in temperature, to offer you different thermotherapy experiences adapted to your needs. Some people prefer extreme temperature variations, while others prefer softer ones. In addition, having specific temperatures for each bath and sauna allows you to reach the point of relaxation that will have the most beneficial effects on your body internally and externally because you to not get too hot or too cold, which is not what we offer.

Concerning the sandals issue, unlike other spas, we do not require the use of sandals on the site other than in areas of restaurant (for security), as many guests prefer to walk bare foot to enjoy the effects of hot and cold stone paths. However, we do have some available at reception desk and in our shop at a low cost (less than $11 taxes included). On your next visit, we invite you to contact one of our booking agents, available at any time from Monday to Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm at (819) 827-1111, to answer your questions and help you prepare your visit.

Concerning the price of our access to the nordic baths, please understand that not all the spas are in the same range nor offer the same amenities. We will not be competitive with a spa that has only 2 saunas and one hot bath. Nordik Spa-Nature is the largest spa in North America: we offer 7 saunas, 7 baths (hot, cold and temperate), 2 restaurants and a large variety of relaxation areas. We have a complete and extensive quiet relaxation section as well as a more social panoramic section where you can talk, order beverages and tapas. Three of our saunas are imported from Europe. We are proud to offer more unique experiences than anywhere else.

Finally, regarding your comment on the lack of 'oversight from management', we would like to invite you to contact our Customer Service Director, Claire Huet, at (819) 827-1111 ext 347, as your comments are precious for us to improve our customer service.

The Management team
Ottawa
45 attraction reviews
“Relaxing...wanted to stay longer”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I took husband and daughter for his 60th birthday as a surprise mid-week. I had booked massages for all 3 of us, so we had time for the steam room (eucalyptus) and cool pool (yikes) followed by relaxation rooms. We were not in a hurry and the massages were great. Tapas in the restaurant in our bathrobes was neato....warm artichokes dip with pitas, quasadillas, and shrimps. Delightful. Then back in the pools....I didn't note the new area until we were leaving, so we'll be back. Staff were friendly and very helpful. As others note, need at least 3 towels, especially inwinter. next time I will bring my own for final shower and hair.

Hull, Canada
“My second home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Nordik Spa is BEAUTIFUL. Baths, sauna, steam room, relaxation, pools, beach and many more.
Being able to eat and drink in the new section is amazing. I always go during the week, as it is less busy. I enjoy going with my bf, with friends or all by myself. For the past 2 years, I've been going to Nordik Spa once every month ... at least!

Love the food and service at the restaurant, I always ask for Fannie. Try the calamari, escargots and salmon burger. Oh, and also the cheese cake!

I've been to the Lodge twice: once for work retreat and once for my birthday. Best birthday ever. Karine does an amazing job.

Whenever I would have questions or comments, I've always dealt with Sébastien or Josée and was never disappointed. You guys are a great team.

Only thing that disappoints me sometimes is that there is one person at the front desk that rarely smiles. I understand they can be quite busy and customers can be really impatient. But i don't let that ruin my experience at Nordik Spa. Congratulations! Love that place.

Visited November 2012