“Birthday Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Ottawa, Canada
“Birthday Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

What a wonderful cozy little pub in such a fantastic setting. From the moment we walked in we felt the warmth of the cozy fire. The atmosphere and charming decorations are a nice touch. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals and their beer. One of our new favorite spots. We will be coming back and telling our friends about this hidden gem, close to downtown Ottawa.

Visited December 2013

Toronto
“Overpriced and overfried...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

I used to be a regular here after skiing and recently gave it another try after one bad experience. Well, it was another bad one.
Ordered the fish and chips which used to be great. The fish was ok but the fries arrived in one clump. When I called the waitress over, she said "that's the way they come". Ridiculous.
The pizza place across the street will get my business from now on.

Visited September 2013
ChelseaBiscotti, Manager at Chelsea Pub, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good morning,

We usually get excellent comments about our Fish & Chips. It is our second best seller.
We're sorry to hear that you weren't entirely satisfied with your meal. In fact, your server should of offered you something else to compensate the fries or called on the manager to find a satisfactory solution.

It would help us alot if you could tell us what date and time you visited us so we can talk to the employee who served you. A private message would be appreciated if you have the name or description of the employee.

Thank you for your input.
Ottawa
“Experienced great service & good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our waiter Francis served us impeccably. Pleasant, helpful, flexible and ingenious would be what I would characterize him. Let me explain. It got cold outside and even though we asked after having had our appetizer to change for an inside table no problem, our waiter accommodated us and with a smile. They ran out of the soup I had ordered, had only a third of a bowl left, so our waiter apologized and offered it to me free of charge, which was a great gesture making me a very contented customer rather than an annoyed customer. A great ambassador for the restaurant, this young waiter.
The hostess with a beautiful smile, was also very pleasant, accommodating us till a table would be ready. Obviously, someone who enjoys what she is doing and therefore does it well.
The food was also very good- the fish and chips (have it with half salad and half fries) was delicious and so was the piri piri chicken. The appetizer brie cheese with caramelized onions and pears was a great start to share amongst the four of us.
I will certainly go back.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ottawa, Canada
“Uh oh!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I had a Chelsea Burger today. I have had better burgers at roadside stands. It was large enough, but I doubt the burger had been spiced at all, or al least I didn't taste it. maybe that was because the hamburger was cooked beyond recognition. It redeifined well done. The fries were just okay, nothing special. Maybe it has been a long summer and the kitchen staff were tired, but I don't believe that is an excuse that should be used by restaurants. Especially if they don't accordingly lower the price. Ie. "the chef is tired today, so the $15 hamburger will be grilled to death while he gets a nap and what is left of it will be sold for $3.50 today. Eat at your own risk!"
My friends had fish and salads, none of which were anything that could be ever called special! We'll take a pass the next time we are through.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Good morning,

Thank you for your comment.
Don't hesitate to ask your server or call on one of our managers whenever you feel your meal is not satisfactory.

Our objective is to insure every client gets to enjoy great food in a great ambiance.

Regards,
Ottawa
“Customer Service very rude”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

I called to make a reservation. The person said there was no room and hung up on me before I said goodbye. Very rude! Haven't even been there yet and now don't want to.

Visited October 2013
ChelseaBiscotti, Front Office Manager at Chelsea Pub, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Good morning,

Thank you for your message.
Please be reassured that we don't hang up on people when they call.
There was probably a problem with the line.

Regards,