“Good aprtments, great area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jack's I & II Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kefalos
Jack's I & II Apartments
You added Jack's I & II Apartments to your Saves list
Kefalos, Greece   |
Ranked #22 of 43 Specialty Lodging in Kefalos
Scotland
“Good aprtments, great area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Stayed in Jack's 2 and had a great time. The rooms are fairly basic but clean and comfortable, we had a great view from our balcony. The pool is great and the bar serves brilliant cocktails and good food, they will keep the bar open until everyone is ready to go to bed. The owners are friendly and laid back, they are not too 'in your face' . The main strip is not too far away but involves a walk in the pitch black at night which is fine but take a torch. Overall, we had a fantasic time and would bo back to Jack's apartments next time we stay on Kos. Oh - the trip to Nysseros and the volcano was the best trip we have ever been on, if you go to Kos, you MUST go on this trip!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Hadrians Wall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Jacks Apartments, Kefalos, Kos

These apartments are a hidden gem within the resort of Kefalos
Set in a very tranquil location the brochure simply doesn’t do Jacks justice.

This is a very friendly, family run complex where there is always somebody around if you need anything / have any queries all you have to do is ask.

They are situated behind the Athinoula/Hotel Eleni and just a five minute walk from the Aussie BBQ, using the shortcuts which Jack will only be too happy to point out. But just in case come out of Jacks to the road and turn right head along to the White House on the left hand side (approx 150m’s) and turn left down the road until you come to the junction (approx 100m’s) then just cross straight over and go down the side track which leads you out to the side of the Aussie BBQ.
If you have walking difficulties this route is not appropriate.
You’ll need to turn left at the junction and walk down to the Hotel Eleni where you have two choices the first is to use the path down the side of Sebastian’s Bar or secondly walk about 10m’s further along the road and use another path which goes down the side of the super market.
Either way you’ll need a torch for part of the way in the dark.

Accommodation
The apartments themselves offer all the usual equipment. They were cleaned to a very high standard throughout our stay and the sheets and towels were changed regularly through out our stay . There was always a good supply of hot water. The beds were really comfortable. There was a large wardrobe in the passageway which offered more than enough space for the three adults in our party and all of our ‘kit’ etc. All in all they’re fairly small but well laid out and maintained. There is no air conditioning but you can hire fans at a nominal rate. All the apartments have a safe which are available at a very reasonable charge.

Facilities
The Pool is fantastic!!! It’s a salt water pool which is held at a constant 6%, it does wonders for your tan. Because there are NO nasty chemicals in it it’s less harmful to the environment as well plus you don’t end up stinking of Chlorine and your swimming costumes won’t rot either. There are steps with a full hand rail at the shallow end for easy access to the pool. There’s an ample supply of sun beds some of which are laid out in a shaded / covered area if a parasol is not sufficient
The pool side bar is not your usual run of the mill either!!!
It opens at 0800hrs for breakfast etc and closes last man standing. It offers a full restaurant menu throughout the day with daily specials to tempt you in the evening.
The restaurant area is covered and has patio sliding doors that slide completely across to enclose the room if required during cooler evenings.
If you have particular food requirements – Jack is happy to accommodate and cook whatever you want (within reason / with notice)
The Bar has a wide range of drinks on offer as well a fantastic range of cocktails.

The prices for the food and drinks at Jacks Apartments will not break your bank either which in the Pound v’s Euro war needs to be given consideration.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
Bromley
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

We booked to stay at Jacks through Thomas Cook. We were originally going to book somewhere else but that was full so the travel agent suggested Jacks. It looked good so we went for it. However, i then got home and looked on here and found all these appauling reviews. Panic. I dreaded going on holiday and was worrying purely on the basis of these reviews as that is all you have to go on.

But having arrived there it was nothing like all the bad stuff written. Jack DOES care about people staying in Jacks II (we were in jacks II and were really well looked after), there are no fleas in the blankets or the beds and the owners are incredibly friendly and cannot do enough for you.

The rooms are basic but typically greek. If you have been to a greek island before then you know what i mean. dont expect 5 star luxury, its not that kind of hotel. but it is clean and has somewhere comfy to sleep and shower to clean yourself with and a balcony with fantastic views. what more do you need? Its true that hot water in the mornings isnt always available but have a shower just before or after your siesta and there is more than enough.

Jack and Maria (the owners) are so nice and helpful. when asked what night the greek night was on the response was 'any night you want a barbeque or a party then i will do you a barbeque or a party'. cant get nicer than that! Maria is an excellent cook and the prices are very cheap. 4euros for a full english, 7euros for a bbq which was a massive plate full of bbqed meat with chips and salad. They even gave us a starter for free each night.

Their sons, George and Micheal, ran the bar. Again, incredibly nice and friendly. always there to serve you a mythos or something stronger!

The hotel has a salt water pool which is brilliant for enhancing the tan. its a little chilly in the morning as it is heated by the sun but just after lunch it is perfect for cooling off after a morning sunbathing session. the hotel is also within easy walk of the beach and supermarkets. and we hired a quad bike (which jack sorted out for us) which we took up into the mountains to explore and also to beaches off the main track. we recommend getting a quad bike. its safer than a moped and you can get to more places on it than in a car.

We had a fantastic time there and were really sad to leave. Jack has asked us to go back again and we intend to.
So i beg you, dont be put off by the bad reviews. The rooms are fine and the owners are not the monsters that they are made out to be. quite the opposite! you will have a fantastic time!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Cornwall
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

If you're expecting five star accomodation & service then don't book 3 star Greek. From staying in Greece self catering on previous occasions I knew what to expect & was not disapointed. The accomodation is basic & simple but extremley clean & tidy with fantastic views.

Jack is a fantastic host & cook & nothing was too much trouble, including cooking requested meals.

If we visit Kos again we will definitley stay here!!!!!

• Liked — The Food
  • Disliked — Nowt
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Newcastle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

My stay at Jacks 2 was the best holiday i have been on. The owner and the staff are extremely friendly and they would bend over backwards to make sure that you enjoy your stay. Every morning, i woke up and went on the balcony and had fantastic views of the sea and also the surroundings. If you are thinking about staying at jacks 1 or 2, i would highly suggest that you do say as this will be a holiday that you will not forget.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Warrington, England.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2008

Booked with Manos, part of the Thomas Cook group.

Firstly - there is Jacks 1 and Jacks 2.
Jacks 1 - this is what the brochures shows you - pool, bar, food, friendly staff etc.
Jacks 2 - this is the apartment building next door that doesn't have anything. I mean nothing.
Now you'd think not a problem as they both belong together and you can use there facilities. True, the same as you can use any other hotels pool and bar.
However, should you have a problem in Jacks 2, you are buggered basically.
Our shower curtain was so mouldy that i couldn't prise it apart. We ran out of toilet paper so I went to ask Jack (at Jacks 1) for some more.
"What room number?" He asked.
"Room 4" I say.
"Not my problem, that building not belong to me, it belong to my brother".
"Ok, so can I have some toilet paper?"
"No, you need to ask my brother"
Flumoxed I walked away.
We were supposed to get our room cleaned on the Wednesday, it never happened. We waited till Thursday, still never happened. So I helped myself to supplies, clean linen and towels.
The next day, alas, there is the owner! He has a go at me for taking supplies! Saying I should have told him, (he lives a mile away in the village somewhere) and it's my responsibility to inform him of my room needing cleaning. Erm, no it isn't. This is the first time I've ever had an arguement with the owner of an apartment.

So the recap.
The room never got cleaned once.
The bin in the bathroom was full, say no more.
Shower curtain had more mould on it than old cheese.
Squashed bug markes all over the walls and ceiling.
Jacks 2 owner abusive.
Jacks 1 owner not interested in Jacks 2 occupiers.

Don't stay there if possible. If it's too late and you are going there, then just use as a base and use someone elses facilities.

• Liked — It was dark.
  • Disliked — I was staying in it.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2008

Having never been to Greece before I did not know what to expect. Friends told me not to expect much as Greece was very basic and the reviews were very mixed on the internet.
Having changed our apartments to Jacks which guaranteed a sea view we were disappointed with our ground floor apartment with a view of the games room and owners motorbike. However leaving that aside the apartment was okay. It was very very basic but sufficient. Practically you could not have cooked there, but we had no intention of doing that. (A toaster may have been nice). Bathroom was a bit grotty with no ventilation at all. we had clear blue skys and 32 d every day. I was a bit dubious about having no Air Conditioning and this was a struggle for me personally at night. Kos has an above average mosquito population, we left the door open one night and the next morning I looked like I had measles. Lesson learnt. Hired a fan after that. The apartments were fairly clean.
Jacks is about a 10 minute walk into kefalos along a gravel road.
Once outside the apartment the outside pool is fantastic. The food cooked in the poolside bar/restaurant was excellent.
Kefolas is a beautiful sleepy town with lots of bars and restaurants but probably very little else.. There is a good bus service to Kos town and Paradise beach, both worth a visit.
I would say that the Greek night up inthe mountains was one of the highlights of our week there and is a must.
This is a great destination if you are not looking for luxury accommodation and want a relaxing break.

• Liked — Pool and food
  • Disliked — No Air Conditioning
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Jack's I & II Apartments? Share your experiences!