My family and I have just returned home today after spending 2 weeks at the Blue Lagoon Village...and I'm not quite sure where to start !!! This place is more than you could ever imagine!! The photos on the Thomson website do not begin to describe the atmosphere you feel while you are there!! When you arrive you may feel that you are slightly isolated but this really doesn't have any affect on the experience. The village as a whole is immaculate...to the point that I had to take a photo of the toilets in the reception area as I had never seen anything like it !!! We stayed in a Family Room and had ample space and it was spotlessly clean and the sea view was to die for !! The Aegean restaurant offers an amazing choice for breakfast and dinner time. You have the opportunity to visit several other restaurants for lunch and you can also visit the a la carte restaurants for dinner. We went to the Adventure BBQ and the Chinese, which was the best we've ever had !!!
The waiting staff are hardworking and attend to everything you need with a smile. You couldn't ask for better service. They work long hours and never seem to stop wanting to help.
However, the one area I would like to compliment the most is the amazing entertainment team. Davey B, Natalia and Chloe are the most dedicated and hardworking team I've ever witnessed. All the children love them, including mine, and they work tirelessly to keep everyone, adults and children, entertained, morning noon and night !!!
There are a couple of niggles.....there is only 2 pools that are under 1.2 metres which can cause problems for smaller children. The Water park does seem a long distance away but there are buggies that run you there and back or there is a short walk along the beach..100 metres max !!
The buggies don't run as often on a Wed or Sat as these are arrival days. Also, you have to pay for Wifi. I know this isn't essential when you are on holiday but it would be good to have this facility without an added charge. The current booking system for the restaurants is slow, consisting one person on the PC making the bookings. However, when I raised this with a Thomson Rep, she did say that they were hoping to improve this very soon.
These are VERY small niggles and would no way stop us from going again. It really is an amazing place and we will have memories of 'One Pound Fish' and ' Shake it' for a long time !!!
- Also Known As:
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel Kefalos
- Blue Lagoon Village Hotel
- Blue Lagoon Village Kos/Kefalos, Greece
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Blue Lagoon Village is a newly built luxurious village style complex with 366 guestrooms. This all inclusive hotel is in direct contact with the sandy beach offering magnificent views. It is located only 10 km from the centre of Kefalos, near Paradise Beach one of the most beautiful beaches of Kos, only 5 km from the airport and 30 km from Kos town, the capital of the island. The Blue Lagoon Village offers a vast variety of facilities like the Aegean Main restaurant with indoor and outdoor sections, the First Date restaurant with its romantic atmosphere (only for adults), the Thalassa Fish tavern, the Susshimi sushi restaurant and the Golden Sun Chinese restaurant offering you different tastes from all over the world. The Grill House is offering traditional Greek dishes, the Piazza Italian Restaurant is for traditional Italian meals, the Adventure Barbecue, where for grilling your own combination of different meats and finally the Gelateria where you can enjoy pancakes, waffles, sweets and ice-cream.You will have a hard job choosing where to have your drink: at the Shake & Mix Cocktail bar any time of the day, the Wet Pool bar, an impressive swim-up bar, at the Pool bar, at the Piazza Cocktail bar in the afternoon or at the Beach and Snack bar during the day. Our guests from all over the world will have the choice of a 3000 sq meters swimming pool with Jacuzzi and water jets, a 1000 sq meters activity pool with a section for children, a children’s splash pool, a 1000 sq meters leisure Pool and an “Adults-Only” pool area. There is also the choice of the long, sandy beach with a variety of water sports. For children and adults, that still feel like children, we recommend the Adventure Land with ropes course, waterslides and water games.The fully equipped Vida Fit health club with its’ heated pools, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam bath is available to all our guests over 16 years of age. For those who wish to pamper themselves, the PURArelax Spa offers a wide range of treatments. For a unique shopping experience visit our various shops, ranging from a minimarket and a liquor shop to boutiques and gift shops.In order to provide the best possible accommodation to all of our valuable guests, we have created standard rooms with sea view and swim up pool (also in the “Adults-Only” area), family rooms as well as Junior suites and Executive suites with private pools. All rooms are provided with satellite TV, mini-fridge, and coffee/tea making facilities, internet access, telephone, safety deposit box free of charge, individual air conditioning units, hairdryer and amenities. The Blue Lagoon Village in total harmony with the picturesque landscape, open from May to October, provides comfort and warm hospitality that attracts tourists from all over the world. The abundance of natural beauties and the crystal clear waters make the hotel a paradise of tranquility, ideal for families and couples. For those who wish to enjoy all these and more Blue Lagoon Village is the answer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Blue Lagoon Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.