“Every year and certainly not the last time” 5 of 5 stars

Kosta 7, Porto Heli 21061, Greece   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Porto Heli
Munich
“Every year and certainly not the last time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2008

Dear future guest,
I disagree with the review of ktelontour completely!!!
The WARNING is rubbish!

I've been to this place eight times and here my description:
First of all you'll get what you pay for and that's a lot. Friendly and helpful staff, clean rooms, lines and towels changed every second day. Concerning the smell it's of cleaning powder and anise, nothing else. If you need support in any matter the management and staff do will serve you in a professional way

Last but not least there are always gurmblers and the best thing is to keep distance.

Kind regards - IngKum

• Liked — The warm welcome and stay!
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Greek first
Belgrade
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2008

Best Western Hotel Rozos, Porto Heli, Greece
Date: June 29th 2008
Reviewer: Middle year old women, Belgrade, Serbia

I spent five days in this hotel in June 2008. I have been worried a litlle about my staying, since I have seen very bad rating on one site.I d like to say that my experience was quite different. It is nice, small hotel, very confortable. It is very clean, with all facilities in room that you might need. I don t know the reasons for bad rating, but you can be sure that it is not true. The owner and personnel were kind with us. I have been in similar hotels in Prague, Munich and London and this is cheaper. So, if you come to Porto Heli, you can have comfortamble and convinient stay in this hotel.

No fixed abode
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2008

I couldn't locate this hotel on the site but hope this will still get published to serve as A WARNING to anyone visiting the little island of Port Heli in the Peloponnese to keep well away from the BW Rozos.

The island itself is fine for a week or two of your summer holiday, although we were there for three and a half months on a long term deal with an apartment through friends of the family. They wanted to show us around for a few days so it wasn't vacant when we arrived and so we needed a place for four nights.

One essential requirement (aside from an en suite bathroom) is access to broadband internet and this is the first criteria of any search. Hotel Rozos popped up and looked acceptable, particularly as it had the Best Western name backing it and so we asked about price, internet details and availability.

The manager simply replied saying we could have a room and gave us a price. We emailed back asking for further details of the internet and confirmation of our booking but that was the last we heard until we arrived.

The place was OK but not what I have come to expect from BW and the room smelt musty and stale. They could have left the balcony doors open to air the place but that didn't seem to have occurred to them.

It was after we had set up the laptop we realised that access was denied and we had to pay 5€ per hour if we wanted to use the internet. I was really not happy at this and told the manager so, who simply shrugged and walked off.

It got worse. The shower was woefully inadequte and the cause of the rotting smell. The bed was average with dirty blankets and the TV reception was dire.

Anyway, after our first night, we left the room to be made up with the request on the door.

When we returned that evening the room had not been touched and so I asked the manager what was happening. He said that we had displayed the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door and therefore no one had cleaned the room.

Funny, my wife had seen me put the notice up and could confirm this but when the manager asked the cleaner, she (naturally) stuck to the story and he then called me a liar, before once again walking off.

Not being amused in the least, I followed him to the bar and could see he was getting rather angry. I asked him if he treated all his guests this was and he replied that only if they lie to him!

To cut a long story short, we didn't see each other again until we left as he kept out of my way and I was more than happy about that.

I took up my complaint with Best Western but as it was a franchise they seemed unable to do much except investigate. However, it seems they must have believed my side of the story as they compensated me with a voucher for $150 which by no means makes up for such appalling behaviour but will come in handy for a decent meal at some point.

Anyway, Hotel Rozos? Wouldn't stay there if you paid me.

• Stayed November 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
yrozos, OWNER MANAGER at BEST WESTERN Hotel Rozos, responded to this review, July 2, 2008
BEST WESTERN
HOTEL ROZOS Portoheli
21061 Greece
Tel 0030/27540-51412-51416-51531
Fax 000/27540-51412-51416

Αγαπητέ κύριε
Thank you for taking the service problem that you have faced at BEST WESTERN HOTEL ROZOS to the right people
On your first acquisition we never advertised broad band internet connection. We only mentioned internet connection. On your second acquisition you have come to me at you first day of stay and you have asked me about the internet connection. I have explained how he works and what the cost was and you mentioned to me that you would like a 24hr day connection and it is expensive. Then the next day afternoon around 19,00 hrs you have come down to the reception having on your hand one DO NOT DISTURB sign. That moment I was trying to solve the problem of another customer with his flying tickets to USA and I was speaking on the phone for more then 35 minutes with the CONTINENTAL AIRLINES rep at the states. When I finished I have asked you of how I could help you and you told me that your room was not made up. I have asked you which way was the sign facing and you could not remember. I called the chambermaids to find out what had happened and she told me that the last two days it was on the DO NOT DISTURB side. Then I offered you the chambermaids to come back in the hotel at that moment to make up your room so that ι could do something to rectify the mistake that had happened but you refused. Then you have started mentioning the internet connection fact and yes you were distorting the facts because it is not in my nature to call someone a liar. As a person who is in that business for more then 17 years as a manager and in total with all the previous working time as staff when my father was the manager 25 years .All these years what I have learnt and what I have passed to the hotel staff is that the basic factor in this business is the customer. The only thing I have told you was that I had never received an email asking of what kind of internet connection we have and then you have distorted what I was trying to explain to you by mentioning that I called you a liar
From that point I was trying to explain once more that i had never seen the email that you were telling me about and I printed the email that I had from you.
Another obvious and reasonable question that comes to my mind is that when you did not receive any email from me concerning internet connection and thought that I was ignoring you why didn’t you simply cancel the reservation
In the end when I saw that this situation was a dead end one. I told you that you could bring the mater to further up so that you could find your right and yes I was trying to keep my self out of the scene so I would make your stay more unbearable
Further more I feel compelled to state that I am very pleased of the rest of your comments about the hotel because it is a kick to make us better but unfortunately just for this year I had more than 6000 satisfied staying clients in this hotel that you mentioned as a hotel that is charitable as basic and that the were from pleased to very pleased with the hotel and the service we are providing. One thing that satisfies me as a hotel manager is to see my repeated clients growing up as a number as the year pass. And you were absolutely free to choose to stay just one night with us as you were so unhappy with the standards of the hotel since at the time of your arrival here there were other hotels open to satisfy your high needs and standards
Last but not least I have to mention that you are constantly trying to hide the third factor that made you choose our hotel for you stay and that is the low prize that you were trying to achieve and finally succeeded to do so

YANNIS ROZOS
HOTEL MANAGER

Been to BEST WESTERN Hotel Rozos? Share your experiences!