“Meditteranean cooking and accomodation to die for” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Poppi
Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany
Larniano 21, 52010 Poppi, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 10 Specialty lodging in Poppi
Hobart, Australia
“Meditteranean cooking and accomodation to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

There is nothing to fault about this experience. If you want to learn the experience of cooking for your family/friends and stay in a magnificent villa and be looked after totally, then this is the best you can attain.
In 10 weeks of travel throughout UK and Europe, the one thing I really wanted to experience was a well organised, true experience of cooking Mediterranean.
I had limited time with all my travels and I chose Tuscookany. It was the only trip I booked prior to leaving Australia. It met every expectation and more.
The accommodation was magnificent and better than any photo can show but nothing compared to our chef, Laura Giusti.
Her smile was permanent, her laughter, her stories, her broken English made for an amazing holiday...Laura made our experience. Her knowledge and expertise in what she taught us was amazing. Tuscookany has an incredible talent in Laura and one you should all have the opportunity to enjoy.
Our wonderful site manager Laura Enrici was terrific. She looked after us so well.
We experienced so many things and visited Arezzo and Poppi as well. The trips they organised were wonderful.
The pool was incredible, the hot tub amazing. The food, the staff, the entire experience was sublime. If I have to visit anywhere else I have already been to, this is one place I want to return. They do this very well. Congratulations. I will return one day and only wish I could take all of my girls as well.

Room Tip: As most places staying as a couple is better but the quality of a single room was still well up ther...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Travel4fun2go, General Manager at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Tina,
What a lovely review - you really make us a proud and I am sure that Laura is smiling from ear to ear! The Mediterranean Italian cooking holidays are more intensive as we have the morning classes and I am so pleased that you enjoyed it so much. Laura will be giving an Italian cookery course in our new villa Bellorcia from this year onwards - how about joining us. Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write this review and happy cooking. The Tuscookany team.

123 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bowral
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

For someone who had no confidence in cooking this experience was fabulous. Paola is the most patient as well as the most inspiring of instructors. The ambiance of the villa is delightful, the food superb, the staff cannot do enough for you. I am recommending this course to whoever will listen to me. One of the best holidays that I have had. I have actually been able to reproduce what I learnt now that I home.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Travel4fun2go, Owner at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Cathy,
Thank you so much for your great review for our Tuscany cooking classes at Tuscookany. I am particularly happy to read you have had a chance to try the dishes at home and they work! Happy cooking! Warm regards from all at the Tuscookany team!
Berlin, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

One of the best vacations I've been on! This was a combination birthday/anniversary gift from my husband and I couldn't have been more surprised and delighted! Casa Ombuto was absolutely gorgeous, beautiful setting, staff that couldn't do enough for you, and our chef Paola was sensational. She not only taught us to cook some beautiful and delicious dishes but showed us the true culture of the region.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Lilly,
We are flattered that we ranked number one on your bucket list - thank you so much for the compliments. We hope to welcome you back to one of our Cooking schools in Italy in the future! Regards front the Tuscookany Team.
East Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My wife always wanted to someday to do a Tuscany cooking school. Deciding this was the year, we searched online and found Tuscookany.com. We are way beyond happy with the decision we made to spend the week at Casa Ombuto with Chef Laura Giust. It was so much more that a great learning vacation. It was a Wow! We had so much fun meeting and preparing meals with new found friends, learning ways to prepare new and out-of-this-world tasty dishes, enjoyed the watchful and delightful skills of Chef Laura, actually being a part of the beauty of Italy and its people, and, I learned ways to actually be helpful in the kitchen when we arrived home. The Tuscookany cook book used for the week is so well organized, helpful, so user friendly, and a great keepsake. It is now a fixture in our home kitchen. Our dinner guests beg for the recipes of the served fennel, orange and olive salad with pork tenderloin with pancetta, grapes and walnuts followed by zabaione with strawberries. Thank you Chef Laura Giust!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Travel4fun2go, Manager at Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Jim, Wow what a great review about our Mediterranean cooking in Italy. It looks like you have been practising at home a lot too! Thank you for taking the trouble to write this review, Laura and all of us from Tuscookany are proud! Happy cooking!
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

With careful planning and a bit of research (also reading suggestions on Trip Advisor), we decided to take the train from Rome to Arezzo (2 hrs), rent a car at Avis (right across the street from the Arezzo train station) and drove 45 minutes to the Casa, just outside Poppi. It all worked our very well and we arrived at check-in time as planned. Yes, driving on Italian roads is QUITE the experience, but by the end of our vacation, we had become quite used to the craziness and there was a lot less shrieking. GPS was a good idea, but often sent us on the "scenic" route (i.e. single lane, curvy roads with no shoulder, cliffs on one side, mountain on the other). Great way to see the countryside however!

Everything at Casa Ombuto is beautiful, well maintained and nearly perfect - the rooms, kitchen, dining areas and poolside.

What else can I say that hasn't already been said by all the previous reviewers? This was a fantastic experience - probably the most enjoyable vacation I have ever had. Everything was wonderful - food, friends, wine, grappa, service and especially Laura & Lauretta and the girls! Grazie! Looking forward to my next Tuscookany experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Mel, Thank you so much for this great review. We do recommend car hire as you have plenty of free time to explore the area when you are not having your italian cooking classes and indeed a GPS is a great tip! Happy cooking and warm regards from the Tuscookany team.
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It's been 3 years since we did the cooking class, and it sounds like things are just as wonderful now as then. There are not enough superlatives to describe Paola! The accommodations are also wonderful, just as they have been described by others. The excursions stil are good dinner table stories. All I would skip would be the grappa! P.S. I could only submit this if I lied about when we went...ahlora!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

What a fabulous time cooking with Paola in Tuscany! I've already put my Shutterfly book together with all the wonderful photos! Our beautiful villa was just steps away from the cozy kitchen and dining room, where Paola taught us almost 15 recipes per day - what a blast in the kitchen as we rolled, chopped, sipped, and stirred all with a great playlist in the background to keep us motivated. The folks at Tuscookany made everything fun, special and relaxing. Paola is so much fun and takes a personal interest in each person. Good mix of free time and cook time, and can't beat the views. Alora!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Casa Ombuto - Cooking Vacations Tuscany? Share your experiences!