“A nice romantic place to stay” 4 of 5 stars

Borgo I Tre Baroni
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via di Camaldoli, 52, 52014 Poppi, Italy   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Poppi
London, United Kingdom
“A nice romantic place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Quite with beautiful settings.

Not too sure if the head waiter is one of the owners or a close family friend but we found his manner rude and abrupt.

The rest of the people are very helpful and friendly. If I were the wonder, I would replace him. We ate out rather than be served by him.

Otherwise, we enjoyed ourselves at Tre Baroni.

Wonderful scenery and very relaxing place.

Nice antique furniture in spacious rooms.

They recommended a wine tour to Frescobaldi Nipozzano which was just fantastic.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
andreabaroni, Proprietario at Borgo I Tre Baroni, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
The head waiter Mr Luigi is not one of the owners and he is not a close family friend. He no longer work with us since 01 October 2012. The first condition to work at I Tre Baroni is the kindness and the gratitude to work with our guest. If a staff member does not have this requirement, is not possible tfor him to work at I Tre Baroni. So it's the reason 'cause the head waiter no longer work at I Tre Baroni.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Hungarian first
Leuven, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel is fantastic ! The area is quiet en very beautiful. The people are very kind and willing to help or to give advise for visits, walks ... The food in the hotel was absolutely good. We stayed at the hotel for about 10 days and every day we had something els to eat (typical Toscane). The rooms were comfortable and clean. I recommend this hotel if you want a quiet holiday, good food, good wine en a very good service.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were booked into this hotel for 6 nights half board but left after two even although we were charged for all bar one night's accommodation. The hotel is NOT in Poppi but 6 miles further up a mountain road.
As a wedding venue I suppose it is good, guests were asked to drive a further 4km up the mountain road to another otel for our meal on the Saturday evening & the music played till 1.30am. On the Sunday we were told there would be a wedding lunch. When we returned at 5.30pm there was no parking, we were directed to park in the village 1km away & told we would receive a meal. We felt the service was not up to standard & that as the kitchen was still serving lunch at 6pm they were unlikely to serve dinner at 7.30pm.
The management basically told us to take it or leave it!
Half board is actually not a good description as apart from breakfast it only included tow evening courses, no water, no bread, no coffee.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I held our wedding in I Tre Baroni in June 2012 and it was just amazing! We travelled from Northern Ireland and brought 60 guests with us, most of whom stayed at the resort. From the very outset, the service and attention from Andrea and Marta was second to none. They organised everything we asked for, provided us with lots of wedding ideas and made our day just perfect. Our guests loved the venue and over two months later everyone is still talking about what an amazing place I Tre Baroni is. We cannot thank Andrea and Marta enough as they made our dream wedding a reality. If you're thinking of having a Tuscan wedding you must check this place out!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Antrim, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

As parents of the bride we just had to tell everyone what a simply wonderful experience we had in I Tre Baroni. Our daughter found the venue as a result of other glowing reviews so we travelled from Ireland to Tuscany to check it out. We were immediately impressed, not just by the hotel and sheer beauty of the surrounding area, but by the managers and owners of the hotel.
Marta & Andrea were very professional in their approach and their expertise became clear immediately. We booked right away (very reasonable deal) and the wedding took place in June 2012.
We had over 60 guests and the hotel was totally ours for 2 days. Their preparation, support and incredible attention to detail made the wedding a totally fantastic occasion.
We have so many great memories of I Tre Baroni we could write for hours, but if you are considering I Tre baroni as a wedding venue, call them and talk it over. Weddings are their speciality, they will organise the ceremony, the music, the cake, the photographer, etc. They take much of the hassle out of wedding preparations.
Our wedding guests also had a great time and were hugely impressed.
You could not ask for a more friendly and helpful staff, we have to thank everyone at I Tree Baroni for making our daughter's wedding day a dream come true.
PS.
Check out Poppi Castle as a great setting for the wedding ceremony

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel and it's pool are a wonderful escape from the crowded Tuscan towns. The 5 euro breakfast was extensive and the staff helpful and friendly.
Dinner was probably the most expensive and worst dinner we've had in over three weeks touring italy. 90 euro for one beer, the cheapest bottle of wine, no entree, a main course and desrt each. The head waiter was as threatening as Robert de Niro on a bad day and a 'welcome' glass of procsecco might well have added another cost to the bill had we not virtually put our hands over the glass to stop him pouring it!! There is a wonderful cheap Michelin rated village eatery called Il Cedro less than ten minutes walk away! Walk there... It's great and very good value... A nice place to stay but don't have dinner!

• Stayed June 2012
Scottish Borders
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights whilst touring Tuscany and Marche.

Rooms were clean and tidy, only downside was the lack of air con.

The hotels biggest asset is the blonde receptionist who spoke perfect English, never stopped smiling and could not do enough to help you. Conversely their weakest link is the head waiter who was polite but never smiled and always appeared surly.

Their appeared to be little or no tidying of the pool area.

We ate in the hotel one night, food was O K, but was not going to set the heather alight.

Breakfast was good but was unfortunately served by the surly waiter.

All in all a reasonable hotel for the price.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Borgo I Tre Baroni? Share your experiences!