“Consistently Great Food & Service” 5 of 5 stars

lake park, Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Improve this listing
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
“Consistently Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

We have become regulars at Generations Inn because of the great food and service. Dinner as a family, quick lunch date with hubby or Sunday Brunch have all been delicious and fresh.The menu changes seasonally keeping us surprised and wanting to return.You can tell that the kitchen staff love what they are doing and we hope they keep doing it for a long time!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ottawa
“Worth visiting again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2014

We held our Staff Christmas Dinner here on a Wednesday evening. They accommodated us in a private dining room upstairs. The decor is Country Heritage and it suits the facility. The restaurant was tastefully and traditionally decorated for Christmas and there was holiday music playing. The room we were seated in was wallpapered with local old newspapers which was both interesting and humorous.
The service was good. The food delicious. We had a set menu for our function with 3 choices. All Staff enjoyed their meals. All meals were served hot and together. We were a party of 12. The Sticky Toffee Cake dessert was a huge hit. We will definitely use this restaurant again for business. Come summer, we will visit personally so we can enjoy the screened in porch.

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“"Hidden Gem"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2014

It was a gorgeous sunny day and there were 4 of us looking for an outing in the countryside. We had planned to drive to Carleton Place and go for brunch at another restaurant in the town, but they were closed. Fortunately, I had gone on line previously to check for restaurants in the CP area which served Sunday Brunch and Generations Inn came up. All I can say is "What luck, we found a hidden gem". The site is absolutely beautiful being right on the Mississippi Lake and the restaurant itself is so warm, cozy and quaint. They have a juice, fruit and croissant bar which we helped ourselves to and then you order from the menu to complement the Continental part.
We all ordered different meals....my husband had crepes, I had bacon, eggs, potato pancakes and the toast is home baked bread. One friend had the Burritos and and the other one had the Monte Christo Ham & Cheese. We all agreed that our food was cooked to perfection and was delicious. We will definitely return and are looking forward to going in the evening for dinner soon!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Almonte, Ontario
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We were a large group that went there on a busy day. I felt the food was overpriced, the server had too much to take care of and had not a problem occurred there would have been a $2.00 extra charge per person to plate a cake that had been brought for a special occasion. It was waived due to a problem over the cake that surprised and disappointed the organizer of this group greatly. I may go back and give it a second chance but there were a few things that happened that left a poor impression. I have been trying to decide to review this place or not and my visit really made me feel I wanted to share my feelings on my first visit to this spot. Possibly there would be a better feeling if there were only two there for a lunch and the restaurant had not been so busy.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Oirsbeek, Netherlands
“I will go back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2014

The location on the river, the ambiance of the old building, the good, reasonably priced food all combine to make this restaurant worth a visit.

• Visited October 2014