“Excellent Restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Eclectic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Cooks with local organic sustainable ingredients. Involved in the slow-food movement. Participates in community events.
ottawa
“Excellent Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

My husband and I have eaten at Ballygiblins about 3-4 times a year since they have opened. For the most part we have always enjoyed the restaurant. Maybe a couple times we were not too impressed...but not enough to stay away :) We ate there about 3 weeks ago and I have to say it was one of the best meals we have ever had. The food was way above average, and the service was excellent. With food and service like that...we would be more inclinded to return every month!
The only minor negative i would say...the atmosphere, its just plain dark in there...I know they cant help it its the way the bldg is, and certainly with food and service above average...so what if its a little on the dark side :)

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ottawa, Canada
“Nice place, but really echoes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Food is very good, nice place.. But my husband I find it very loud.
Not really nice for a quiet evening out.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Carleton Place, Canada
“Nice place for lunch or dinner.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The wait staff is always friendly and attentive. The food is great too. Love the portabello salad and desserts are just heavenly.

Visited August 2012
ontario
“My Fav”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via Local Picks

This is my go to place in town. The food is great, the servers friendly, the atmosphere changes depending on where you sit. Bright and open in the front, a little darker and comfy in the back.

Carleton Place, Canada
“Great little pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

Took my wife here and had a great dinner. The service was great and friendly. The food was full of flavor and cooked to perfection.The menu is full of interesting dishes and we will have to go back and try more. I love that they use fresh ingredients and have local beers on tap

Visited April 2012