This is a charming little inn, with a cottage feel. We stayed in one of the chalets. Plenty of room and very cozy.
Very quiet and peaceful. Definitly the place to go to relax.
The grounds are for the most part left natural with a lot of wild flower gardens.
The walking trail is maintained and a easy walk., with wildlife ( turtles, snakes, otters, turkey vultures, butterflies, etc ).
The breakfast went buffet this year and is fairly basic. At the end of our stay we had a chat with the owners and hopefully they will be adding a cooking and toast station.
The dinners are very good. The menu does not change on a daily basis, but there is plenty of food groups to choice from and they add nightly specials from Fri - Sun.
The staff were always friendly and curtious.
Definitly a return visit in the future.
Doug & Cheryl
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westwind is a quaint family owned resort providing nature, tranquility & relaxation. The inn houses 31 cozy log cabin style rooms with fireplace, balcony, antiques & original art-6 with jet tubs for two. Our chalet has 4 larger units with many extra touches. We provide a welcoming atmosphere with complimentary activities for every season, friendly staff, outstanding surroundings & superb dining. Majority of our clientele are repeat or referral, we hope you will become one also! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Westwind Inn on the Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westwind Inn On The Lake Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Hotel Buckhorn
- Westwind Resort Buckhorn
- Westwind Inn On The Lake Buckhorn, Ontario, Canada