“amazing food in intimate surroundings” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast

Save Saved
You added The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
No photo provided
The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Fakenham Rd, Thursford NR21 0BD, England   |
Ranked #1 of 3 Thursford B&B and Inns
cambridge
“amazing food in intimate surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We stayed the night at The Old Forge and had a great time. Our room was nice, a little basic maybe but a comfortable bed and an en suite bathroom. The meal though was an amazing experience, everything was perfect in this small intimate restaurant. Breakfast in the morning was equally as good and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just returned from a two night stay to visit the Spectacular. Food is, as always, amazing. Colin and Sarah are really welcoming and friendly and Colin (the chef) always takes the trouble to talk to the diners to ensure they are happy with their meal.

Will definitely return next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thornham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We booked the Old Forge for the second time, last night, before going on to the Just so good
Thursford Spectacular and received the same warm welcome as before (Xmas 2010).
Friendly staff showed us to our table and in no time Sarah was at our side just checking all was OK. Although it seems a strange time to eat, (4.30 ) our taste buds were soon buzzing with the
choices on the very full menu. I won't bore you with what we all eat but the 4 of us were really happy ( and Full) I know I shouldn't have but the Bread & Butter Pudding was crying out to be tasted so 1 ordered and 4 spoons , we all agreed that it was delicious.
Colin (chef a title he does not use) just checked every so often that all was OK.
Living in Norfolk we are very lucky to have many good Restaurants. But I can't wait for the spring/ summer to try one of Colin's, Fruit de Mer If it is half as good as last nights it will be wonderful.
Thanks to Colin, Sarah and the Staff

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Munxar, Gozo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had to travel to the UK and found this little gem on my travels. I was extremely tired and was in unfamiliar territory but the owners, Colin and Sarah offered me the warmest of welcomes. They advised me on what routes to take to my business destinations and when I returned in the evening an excellent menu awaited me. The rooms where clean and comfortable and the breakfast in the morning set me up for the day. I stayed for three nights and I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times now over the past few years whilst working on setting up the Thursford Christmas Spectacular and it has never let me down. It's location is just a few minutes drive away from the venue and on a good road for getting around other parts of Norfolk. Colin and Sarah have always been great hosts and do everything they can to accommodate me and make me feel at home.

I still haven't managed to eat in the Restaurant for dinner due to always working late, but the Breakfast has always been fantastic. I'm staying here for 6 nights in a week so hope to enjoy the seafood then as I hear from many local people that it truly is well worth it.

Room wise it's a well ran B&B, so it's fresh and clean and gives a good night sleep. Broadband is available on request which means if you have Skype or Facetime and a laptop you can get past the typical Norfolk phone signal issues and still talk to your loved one if like me you work away.

I like it here, it's what a great B&B should be.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Antwerp, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

Very nice guy, good caracter and sometimes to familiar. Food was excelent, not realy cheap. The room we got was at the limit. No space, no shower, not what you can call cosy. Ikea furniture...
Very standard breakfast. Could not order. To expensive for the B&B.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Found this fabulous restaraunt on trip advisor whilst looking for places to stay when attending the Christmas Thursford Spectacular show. What a find! The owners gave us a very warm welcome and although the room we stayed in was very basic, the food was out of this world! A little pricey but worth every penny! Can especially recommend the bread & butter pudding for afters!!! We shall be eating here again - shame we live so far away!

• Stayed December 2011

Been to The Old Forge Seafood Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!