“Top Class Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ireland
“Top Class Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at the McWilliam recently with our niece and I have to say that it is one of the best hotels that we have ever stayed in. The room was lovely and beds were the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in. The location of the hotel makes it an excellent base for touring the West. The spa is beautiful and the girl who did our treatments was professional and friendly. The highlight of the trip was the hotel staff who were always cheerful, polite and couldn't do enough to accomodate us. I would highly recommend the McWilliam and we will certainly be making a return trip!

Room Tip: We asked for a room with a walk in shower and were given a lovely big room with huge walk in shower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed at The McWilliam Park Hotel with our two kids aged 8 and 12 for 5 nights in July.

We all enjoyed ourselves so much that we stayed an extra two nights. We cannot speak highly enough of the staff - they were so helpful in every way. The Pool was spotless and great for the kids.

My two kids were in the Bizzie Bees Kids Club were they had a ball doing art, watching movies and playing games. The food was excellent and we would like to recommend this family friendly hotel to everyone.

Val Mcguirk

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

The McWilliam Park Hotel Claremorris is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The main reason for this is their staff. They are so friendly and helpful, they could not do enough for us during our stay. No matter what part of the hotel you are in the staff are brilliant. The hotel itself is beautiful and really well kept. My room was really spacious and had all the facilities of a modern hotel. We stayed at this hotel in order to visit Knock which is approx 10 mins drive away. I could not recommend this hotel highly enough, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again and recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mcwilliamparkhotel, Manager at McWilliam Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear valued guest

I hope you are well and thanks for your very positive comments on the Hotel.

We are delighted you found our staff to be so helpful and we realize that we are fortunate to have a dedicated team within the hotel.

Customer care is at the centre of all training sessions and we are delighted that it pays off.

Best wishes and we look forward to welcoming you soon again

Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Myself, hubby and 2 small kids spent 2 nights here at the weekend. The carvery lunch on the Sunday was delicious, piping hot and fresh! There was a great atmosphere in the bar that night, a one man band with a great voice and a bit of craic. Breakfast was superb with loads of little extra's. The leisure centre was spotless but I feel a family changing room would be a great addition...or even a playpen in the male change rooms! Our meal in the restaurant was fabulous and our waiter could not do enough for us. The room was spacious but quite hot and stuffy. Although my parent's room was in another part of the hotel and there room temp was ideal.Housekeeping were very efficient and friendly. All in all, a fantastic hotel, I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Front facing rooms are quite warm and stuffy.
Dungannon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Only home from a five night B and B break on the hotel with my hubby and 3 kids. We had a great time and would recommend it to anyone. We stayed on the first floor in a family room with a double, two singles and a cot, table and chairs, dressing table and tv unit and the room was still large enough for the 10 mth old to crawl around. I was hesitant that the country and western evenings planned for the first two days would keep the kids away but we never heard a bar of the music and being a fan I was secretly a bit disappointed! Breakfast was fab, table service for coffee, tea, toast and hot food and buffet service for juice, cereals, fruit, yoghurt and pastries. The cooked breakfast was very fresh and made to order the scrambled eggs cooked in butter were fab! Nothing was a problem and we all were very satisfied. The kids club was really good and Catherine and her team really made my older two kids feel very welcome and they had so much fun and could avail of the club for an hour or two mid morning and evening - one downside for me was that the movie was scheduled for 9pm which was too late for my crew who were up from 7am ready for the pool. Although reception do lend out DVDs for the bedrooms so we made our own movie time. The food generally in the hotel was delicious from bar snacks, carvery to evening meals so much so that we ate there for most of our holiday. As it is a family hotel there were plenty of children but mealtimes were very pleasant, the kids club probably had the most of the noise... The pool and spa facilities were great and the towels were a great size and warm. Although we didn't get the chance to use the gym, the equipment s great, I did manage to get my shellac nails done in the beauty salon so was delighted with myself. Further On the plus side was a safe and powerful hair dryer, iron and board and good big bedrooms. On the down side was the wifi stream was very intermittent in all parts of the hotel as I did try. Claremorris isn't a big town but the park and soft play centre was well received by our family. From the hotel you can walk to Aldi and Tesco which was useful for all the bits we forgot. Overall great hotel, value for money and for having 3weddings during our stay, the service was great.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hi there
Thanks the excellent feedback on Trip Advisor
We are glad you enjoyed the Hotel and that our rooms were spacious for your needs.
We have invested time in our kids club to ensure it is an enjoyable experience.

Lastly we do hope to see you back in the near future

Best wishes
Operations Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night in April. As we were only passing through we checked in quite late. The receptionist was extremely helpful even though we were too late for food in the bar she informed us of the full room service menu. We stayed in a twin room which couldn't have been nicer. It was extremely good value for money we paid what you would pay in any budget hotel for an extremely nice hotel. Breakfast the next morning was beautiful with full range of pastries, juices and cereals while we received table service for our coffee and hot food. Will most certainly be returning!

• Stayed April 2013
Letterfrack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here last Sunday and Monday nights have stayed here several times in the past few years great hotel brilliant staff I will be back again soon Stayed this time with my daughter and my grandson. I do not swim but my grandson Alex is a good swimmer and he had a great time in the pool. The ladies at the desk are so helpful and always get me a ground floor room.this hotel well deserves its four star rating

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hi Tess
Thank you for your kind comments on Trip Advsisor

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and our facilities especially the Leisure Centre.
We do hope you have happy memories and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards
Operations Manager

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!