“Relaxing Break” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Claremorris
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
“Relaxing Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

Just spent, booked on whim, 3 days at McWilliam Park Hotel and could not recommend it highly enough. Staff were very friendly, efficient, professional and most helpful. On arrival we asked for a room at the back of the hotel not realising that the room already allocated was at the rear, the receptionists were most apologetic that it did not have a view however we could not have had anything better as were were looking out over hills and there was absolutely no noise. Rooms spacious and clean and food excellent. We ate from the bar menu on the first night and on the second night, because the dining room was booked for a private function, we were offered the dining room menu in the bar for a reduced price, a little touch which showed courtesy to us as valued guests, the meal was first class, served without delay and piping hot. Regarding our meal in the dining room on the last night, words could not do it justice, duck like I have never tasted and my husband's roast beef melted at the touch of the fork. All in all this is a hotel worthy of its four stars if not more, lovely location, only 1/2 mile form Claremorris and ideal for touring the sights of Mayo and above all ideal for a relaxing break. Marvellous spa facilities, unfortunately we did not have enough time to avail. Maybe next time.

Room Tip: We were happy with room 208
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

From start to en, excellent service, the leisure centre was well equipped with anything you would need. Food and drinks were great and reasonably priced. Rooms were spacious also. Foyer is amazing, and the hotel is just ten minutes from the town, and around six or seven minutes to the nearest tesco / supermerketWould reccomend.

Room Tip: First floor near the end of the wing are quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
County Down
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

I was given a disabled room which was brilliantly wheel chair friendly. Fortunately I'm able bodied and a disabled shower (approx 3 feet high) isn't appropriate for me (6'2") and there was no bath as an alternative. I asked to change rooms but all were taken as there was a wedding the next day. I knew this. I was the photographer and had booked months in advance. Was I allocated a disabled room months ago?
So after the 4 hour drive to get there I ordered room service. The food was inedible, was returned and never made it to the bill. Still I had a cooked breakfast to look forward to right? How a breakfast could be this bad is beyond me. Either undercooked or quite literally fork bendingly tough I can't imagine the "chef" had ever seen a kitchen before.
Checking out I listed my complaints and was then handed the full bill. I refused to pay so after consulting with the duty manager, who saw fit to not venture from the sanctuary of the back office, they took €20 off. I am disgusted at myself for paying at all.
There were three good things though;
1. The wedding was great
2. The photographs (although taken on an empty stomach) were great and
3. The reception was at a fabulous hotel.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Having traveled the world and stayed in more than 100 4 star hotels- this visit has motivated me to leave my first review!! The hotel is clean and in good condition, but these guys have ONE mission- to extract as much cash from you as possible!! From the over priced bar food (frozen pizza at €7.50 or €4 for a slice of cake from the local major high street grocery chain) to CHARGING for towels when guests using the pool, cash, not service, seems to be the objective at this hotel. Breakfast has no buffet and the order for hot food was soooo slow on both mornings that breakfast took an hour to complete despite the dining room being about 30% full!! Staff were occasionally terrific, but most were rude with a "could not care less" attitude!! The final "gem" was reception trying to charge again for a child despite him having been asked for, and paying for!, him at check in. This hotel is seriously over priced, unfriendly and certainly not for those looking for a great "Irish" welcome!! Guys, you have a monopoly, do a little work to keep customers happy instead of sitting back and focusing on counting the takings- people expect a little more home values these days!!

Room Tip: This hotel seems to do a lot of conferences and weddings- the ballroom is straight through from rece...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Last week I returned to The McWillims park Hotel for a 3 day stay. This is a very nice modern hotel with a very helpful front desk staff who had me checked in with a minimum of fuss as they had my record of my last 3 day stay last June. The room was very comfortable with a table easy chair writing area wi-fi with a great signal Nice large bathroom with good supply of towels an item I always like to have plenty of for quick showers . I was booked in on their package which included dinner in the restaurant. Each night I prebooked my table and even with large coach loads of Americans and German tourists service was very good. There was a good choice of starters, 4/5 main courses and deserts and tea /coffee to follow. I choose fish for my main course on the first evening and it was cooked to pefection with a very nice sauce. The hotel is not too far from the Main Street of Claremorris and a 5 minute will take you to Aldi Supermarket or Tesco where you can purchase any items you might have forgotten to take with you. There is also a super pool and gym/spa at this hotel and as usual on business I had not the time to enjoy these facilities which clearly are well appreciated by the locals who use it 24/7 judging by the amount of cars at the entrance. Overall i would recommend this very confortable hotel with a very helpful and attentive staff and great rates too.

Room Tip: Again try getting a room away from the front road as traffic noise can be invasive at times
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Busy hotel, great atmosphere, lovely rooms, fantastic food & very friendly staff - need I say more, we'll worth a visit. We happened to be there for a wedding which was really great, the function room has fab mood lighting!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

I stayed for two nights, midweek. Overall I wouldn't have many complaints. The food was excellent although the carvery was very small. Two things I didn't like are, when booking the room the website said all rooms would have a DVD player, it's a small complaint but we were counting on it. The second it the wifi in the room is very poor, you can only get it in certain parts of the room. Being honest I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!