“good rates” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Western Hotel

The Western Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Claremorris
The Western Hotel
You added The Western Hotel to your Saves list
D'Alton Street, Claremorris, Ireland   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Claremorris B&B and Inns
sligo
“good rates”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

we stayed hear one night as we where attending a wedding function in the McWilliam I found the rates good and the breakfast included great, nice friendly staff also. The only down side is the noise our room was above their night club and noise was VERY loud until about 3.30, we didn't arrive back untill 3am so didnt affect us for to long but if you where looking for an early night you wouldn't get one.it was quite once night club over but then a lot of shouting from people in smoking area from the pub below our room this went on until about 6am. I think properly be OK for stay during the week but if staying for weekend get a room facing front of building not at back like ours. the room was fine though comfortable beds.

Room Tip: don't get room at back of hotel make sure not above the night club
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

I Thought the Hotel was lovely and the staff were very friendly. I thought it was very good value for money And the breakfast was lovely every morning. The staff were very heplful.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

we have to say thank you to the staff especially John the Manager, our stay was perfect, our room was huge and the beds were very comfy. The bathroom was also very big, it was a bit noisy on the street, it was a saturday night but we didnt mind because we were having a drink ourselves and playing cards. The staff brought us up loads of ice for our drinks and our breakfast the next morning was second to none, plenty of food and very tasty. The manager came over and had a long chat with us, he is very Friendly so thank you again John Duggan. We will be back, the bar downstairs is also a great spot, so we had a good weekend and just got home and wrote this because I am so happy.

Room Tip: room 205 is huge and the beds are double and comfy. there is no lift, only stairs, but worht it
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Limerick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Awful experience towards the end I really thought someone was going to jump out and say the whole thing was a joke. I don't know where to begin, the morning I checked in I was informed my room was not ready- which was fine by me, I requested a room to change my clothes and the staff assured me by the time I got back that they would have moved my bags. They did not.
My room had no tv or internet connection. When I enquired about the lack of wifi at reception I was informed that the staff had the same problem and would ring eircom and get back to me- which again they didn't. When I enquired again a few hours later I was abruptly informed that there was a fault on eircom's end.
When I had my dinner I was told I couldn't pay by card because 'the card machine was broken'. Their Indian chef didn't serve naan breads which I found strange.
My room was above the bar and there was a trad night on so I got no sleep. The next night I requested a tv and the staff seemed surprised that there was none in my room and had me move to another floor, which was inconvient and annoying. They couldn't connect calls to the room and hung up on a person wanting to be connected to me without letting me know.
The next morning the girl at reception had apologised because the staff from the day before had 'forgot' my room was above a nightclub where I could hear drunk people fighting until 6am in the morning. And to top it all off when I tried to pay by card I was told there was no card machine, and had to leave my bags at reception and walk down the street to an atm to get money to pay!
The rooms were clean enough but if you want a decent night's sleep and are used to basic facilities like hot water avoid this hotel!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

got shiped here by mc williams park hotel after being double booked.
just used it as sleeping quarters.
1* the height of it.
very delapidated looking from street.
shame cause its a good location,
rooms look better from inside out than outside in
but it is an old building with more diy work done on it than anything professional,
but it got us out of a hole for somwhere to sleep.
fawlty towers would be an improvement

Room Tip: make sure mc williams didn't double book ur room
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

Stayed 1 night,no hot water in room only to later realise you had to ask receptionist to turn on timer (bizaare).carpet on stairs leading to rooms needs pulling up,looks dirty and worn.room looked as if it subsided,beds,wardrobes and lockers all stood at different angles.we were told on arrival that hotel had just been refurbished,hate to think what it looked like before.food is good and drink is very reasonable.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Limerick, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2010

The staff were very friendly. The room were very cosy with en suite. There is a carpark . The food was excellent and very cheap. The nightlife is great as there is a niteclub attached to it underground so it is not that noisy either. The bar is also very cosy and there are lovely open fires. I would highly recommend this hotel for afun filled weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Western Hotel? Share your experiences!