“Greasy and dull tasting chinese food” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #33 of 52 Restaurants in Dieppe
Cuisines: Chinese
Shediac, Canada
“Greasy and dull tasting chinese food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

There are several better options in the greater Moncton area. At Chan's, there are too many deep fried options with little taste. The waitresses keep interrupting your meal by filling your glass with water, because you'll get full faster.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Amherst, Canada
“The last time I'll eat here....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

My husband and I stopped in at 6pm on a Saturday. As we were being seated we told the waitress we'd be ordering from the menu so she brought the menus and 2 glasses of water quite quickly. Unfortunately the rest of our visit was anything but fast.
Another girl took our orders but we had to wait at least 10-15 minutes before our meals were delivered. My husband's meal was satisfactory but the rice on my combo meal was cold so I flagged the waitress and asked if she could reheat it so she took away the plate. In the meantime I ate the accompanying eggroll which, although tasty, was lukewarm. Ten minutes passed before we saw her again and at that point she was coming over to fill the water glasses. She looked surprised at the empty table in front of me and apologized and ran off to get my meal. Five more minutes pass and then she brings my original meal. She claims she heated it for 3 minutes in the microwave. I asked her when she reheated it, when she took it away or just before she brought it back. Either way it was inedible by this point. I was beyond annoyed so I told her I didn't want it and to bring me the bill. The next thing I know she was bringing me a new, hot plate of supper. (Why couldn't she have done that in the first place?)
In the end we only paid for my husband's meal and she boxed up my new hot meal to go but I will never eat at Chan's again. In my opinion they focus too much on buffet customers and not enough on those who order off the menu.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Dieppe
“Another good take out meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Bought my staff of 11 a thank you supper for a job well done. We ordered and requested a 21:30 delivery, the food arrived at 21:35, hot, fresh and very good. We ordered 2 dinner for six, everyone had a chance to go for seconds and there was still some left. Definitely a go to place.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dieppe, Canada
“today and many more days i go for a meal very often Chan's House is the place for very good buffet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good place to eat.and the service is very good,,,,they have been open for many years i would say nearly 40 years went it first open,,one thing the owner and management is very polite and he and the staff is very in asking you how was the service

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South Portland, Maine
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

First i had to laugh at some of the reviews on here, they were too funny not to laugh. I vacation in Moncton at least once a year and have always enjoy the food from Chan's House. Although with in influx of HK immigrants and chinese restaurants popping up like mushroom, our choices have always been Chan's and will always be.

• Visited June 2013