“Needs to improve CLEANING” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dieppe
Charlottetown, Canada
“Needs to improve CLEANING”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I stayed at this location in April 2013 while returning from work in western Canada. The staff were friendly and it's very close to the Moncton Airport if you are flying in and out of the Moncton area. It's a little further away from the downtown, we paid $18 each way for a taxi to dine out. My wife and I booked a Jacuzzi room for 2 nights. The room itself was nice with a good layout and flat screen TV which is pretty much becoming standard in the hotel industry. The Jacuzzi was a nice touch, my only complaint here was there wasn't a good place near the Jacuzzi to hang your bath towels. The beds were comfortable and we both had a decent sleep. According to the front desk staff, if you work in western Canada and call the hotel directly when you book a room, they will give a discount for western workers travelling through Moncton at this location.

I did find the cleaning staff at this hotel need better training. The ice machine had old concert tickets and other garbage under the wire stand where you place your bucket when filling up with ice. It looked very disgusting to have garbage in the ice machine and it remained there for the duration of our stay. Also when I was looking for a phone-book, the top desk drawer had a pile of crumbs from either peanuts or chips from a previous traveler. Check my photo's to view the garbage in the ice machine and crumbs in the desk drawer. The swimming pool was under construction so I didn't get to check out the pool. I would likely stay at this location again despite the weak cleaning, but if I experience dirty crumbs in my room or garbage in the ice machine on my next visit, it will be my last.

Room Tip: If you work in Western Canada, call the hotel directly to book your room instead of booking online a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
watching, General Manager at Super 8 Moncton - Dieppe, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Hello CommanderRyker! I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. It is great to have our western workers have a chance to spend some time away with their families before they make the journey out west (or even some time when coming home). I apologize for the housekeeping problems you experienced when you were here. I have talked with the housekeeping supervisor about all the comments and suggestions that you made. She definately welcomes all guests to ask for her personally when they are here and have any problems with any part of their stay. She will do everything in her power to fix it. I also recommend to all of our guests to talk to the staff that are on duty 24 hours a day when they stay with us. If they have a problem, our staff will make it right. We hope you have a chance to stay with us during your next trip coming or going from the city.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Fredericton, NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We had another hotel lose our reservations, panic mode set in as I wason a sporting event with my team. I went to booking.com and found an awesome last minute deal at Super 8. We ended up with the jacuzzi suite and was floored by how beautiful it was. King size bed was so comfortable. Staff was friendly & helpful. Definitely will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Lower Sackville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We had a great stay here friendly staff realy clean rooms great experience for the family

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Moncton - Dieppe? Share your experiences!