“Great Value” 4 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   370 Dieppe Blvd, Dieppe, New Brunswick E1A 8H4, Canada   |
Special Offer
$79 Home for the Holidays
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dieppe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We ended up stuck in Moncton over New years as all flights on Dec 30th were cancelled due to storm & soonest flight we could get on was Jan 1st.

It had a pool but Pool was always so packed with kids I'm sure there were some occupancy laws broken...

The breakfast was good but they start putting everything away at 9:30 so don't believe them when they say it is until 10am. I went down one day at 9:45am & the person was throwing the muffins away already so he could clean. When I asked him for more he said the breakfast was closing soon so he could not bring any out. When I asked why he threw the 6 left in the trash he said the breakfast was closing soon so he needed to clean up???

If you stay here note that there is absolutely nothing around that area to do. everything of note is in the city.

The rooms were very clean & housekeeping staff very nice & accommodating & the front staff were hekpful when we needed assistance.

They had a special Christmas promotion going on so the rooms were $20 off which was not so bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
watching, General Manager at Super 8 Moncton - Dieppe, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for all of your positive feedback regarding the cleanliness of your guest room and that the employees were nice, helpful and accommodating. I would like to apologize that your breakfast experience was less than satisfactory. The breakfast is definitely opened until 10am and muffins should not be thrown out unless they have been in direct contact with a guest. Therefore, I will definitely follow up with the breakfast bar attendants regarding this. I would also like to let you know that our breakfast bar offerings in May will include items such as scrabbled eggs and a meat product which depending on the day will either be bacon, sausage or ham. Again, thank you very much for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

The Super 8 was pretty well what I expected. Stayed here Dec 31/12 for family new years eve party at Crystal Palace. Clean rooms; The pool was a little small for older kids to play but he had fun on the slide. I think the pool is made foryounger kids but it was exactly as pictures and no complaints here. The room was big and clean as was the bathroom. The breakfast was as expected.: cereal, yogurt, fruit,, juice, coffee(good) and muffins, cinnnamon buns all good. when we arrived back to hotel at approx 12:30 the sidewalk just to the left of the exit was extremely slippery, pure ice, My son fell on it and didn't get hurt but no one to tell at front desk. the next morning I noticed when we left a large puddle there it was where something drained (not sure what it was) but could definetly be dangerous when cold. NOW to the only complaint I have which to me was complete disrespect by the guy who checked us in on the 31 at approx 4:45. when we got to the hotel at 4:05 there was one customer in front of me and NO ONE at the front desk when he finally came out I told him she was first. 40 mins later I was still waiting another family came in and they were friends with the one he was waiting on and he signed her in as well because they were French I did not know what he was doing until he went to take her credit card and then I spoke up. I had waited patiently for over 40 mins and cant believe he thought this was OK he made some excuse of them being together but this family just walked in the door maybe 2 mins before he signed them in. I was checked in in less than a couple of mins after I spoke up but was rushed wasnt told anything, didn't know what time breakfast was, what time pool hrs were and was surprised with the extra 100 charge which I was not told about and still cannot find on website when I saw the charge and asked him he said "Hotel Policy". I didn't think he was the proper fit for customer service I was very insulted by the way I was treated. Other than that and the ice on sidewalk, which I meant to mention in morning but forgot had a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review in order to let us know about the fact that the hotel and your room was clean and that the hotel offerings met your expectations. I'm happy to hear that your son wasn't injured during his fall. I would however, like to apologize for the long wait time upon your arrival and that the customer service that you received wasn't to the level of what I would expect our guests to receive and experience which include not being able to check-in in the order that you arrived. I would like to take this time to better explain the $100 deposit policy. The deposit is taken for all guests no matter what their method payment might be in case there are additional charges such as long distance phone calls. If a guest is paying cash or debit then the amount is taken directly however, with a credit card it is only a hold and not an actual charge on the card. Upon check out time, the remainder of the unused amount is released from the credit card. If a debit or cash payment was originally taken, then the full or remaining amount of the $100 is refunded to the guest also upon check out time. Some hotels in the city take a $300 deposit however, we feel that $100 is more adequate for our hotel. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. Therefore, I would like to invite you to stay with us again in the near future seeing that we will be upgrading our breakfast offerings in May to include items such as scrabbled eggs and a meat product which depending on the day will either be bacon, sausage or ham. Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Been to Super 8 Moncton - Dieppe? Share your experiences!