“"Super friendly staff and affordable rooms"” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coastal Inn Moncton

Save Saved
You added Coastal Inn Moncton to your Saves list
Coastal Inn Moncton
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   502 Kennedy Street, Dieppe, New Brunswick E1A 5Y7, Canada   |
Ranked #4 of 4 hotels in Dieppe
Halifax, Canada
“"Super friendly staff and affordable rooms"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I often find myself staying in the Moncton/Dieppe area while on business and although there are many other hotels where I can expense my company dollars I find that the Coastal Inn is truely a fantastic value. Priced to please, this hotel offers everything the business traveller needs including free wi-fi internet access and once of the best homestyle breakfasts in town. The traveller's special is my favorite! As for the staff, they are simply awesome and will do everything they can to ensure a pleasant and comfortable stay. Randy certainly knows what customer service is all about! Rooms are clean, breakfast is fantastic service is great and the price is right! Try out the Coastal Inn. You will be glad you did.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
CoastalInns, General Manager at Coastal Inn Moncton, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for the favourable comments. We try to exceed our guests expectations every visit and we appreciate and value your business. I will pass along the nice words you said about Randy - he is GREAT!

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

I coach a Bantam hockey team out of Halifax, I took my team to a tournament in Cap-Pele, we stayed at the Coastal Inn in Dieppe. The hotel staff was great, the rooms were nice and for the most part up to date. but the best two things about the hotel were the location , walking distance to shopping,Crystal Palace and pretty much anything you might need. And the wing of the hotel where we stayed was perfect, just enough to accomodate a hockey team with out bothering the other guests, even had a back entrance to the wing which was very handy. My bantam age kids (13-14) could be kids with out bothering anyone. Great hotel for teams. Next time I bring a team back to the area we will definitley be staying at the Coastal Inn.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
We LOVE sports teams! We host a number of sports teams throughout the year and I have to say they are GREAT! We really appreciate your feedback to us on your stay in January. If we can assist you in the future - it would be our pleasure! Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Ottawa, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2012

The staff here are lovely and very accommodating. David, who was at the front desk when we arrived, was extremely helpful and friendly. I couldn't ask for better service.
The hotel itself may be a bit older and it's certainly not a 5 star trendy or posh place, however, the beds are well maintained and clean, there is free wifi, a gym and pool, and the staff is wonderful. Really, I was pleasantly surprised.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

We have stayed at this hotel several times and keep going back because it is so welcoming . Granted , on a Tuesday they weren't busy but even when they are , the service is excellent . The hotel isn't "grand"or "elaborate "but very clean well maintained and the beds comfortable. Its the staff who need praise , especially David at the desk along with his team, who truly seem glad to see you again. Handy location, restaurant nearby ( my scallops and shrimp very good but very few of each!! ) .. will return . Thanks .

Room Tip: we've always had a sunny room and our request for little frig was looked after immediately.In su...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Quispamsis, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2011

We stayed here once and the rooms are very dirty. Rugs look horrible. If ur into staying in a clean place this is not the place for you. Pool is very cold as well. Says it's heated but I don't think it actually is or the heater is on very minimal.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
CoastalInns, General Manager at Coastal Inn Moncton, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us how we could improve. Your stay was nearly a year ago and I am the new General Manager for the property so I cannot speak to the incident specifically but I do wish to apologize to you for the negative experience you had. I conduct regular inspections of all our guestrooms and can assure you that we are a clean hotel. Our room attenants take great pride in ensuring our guests have a comfortable, clean rooms to enjoy. We also take daily temperature readings of our pool and I just checked - the temperature is a beautiful 83 F! We would love to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and give us another chance to exceed your expectations.
Vegreville Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for two nights while on a tour of the East Coast with our mothers who are in their late 70's. Upon arrival we were greeted by two Desk Attendants who went out of their way to try and find us two rooms relatively close together and on the same floor. Our rooms were nothing exceptional but appeared to be clean and cozy. The hotel is a bit outdated and could use a make over, but met our traveling needs for two nights. The location provides easy access to the airport as well as shopping.
We had asked the front desk lady for some touring information and you could tell by her enthusiasm and helpful manner she really cared that we had a great stay in Moncton.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Barrington, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

We booked this hotel because of their family package deal. When we arrived there was long black hair all over the floor and the room smelled a little musty. When we went to bed we pulled the blankets back and found the same long black hair in the bed, which lead me to believe they had not changed the blankets, so I stripped the bed and put all the blankets in the tub along with the wet & dirty towels to make sure they gave us new blankets. We left the room to go for breakfast and then went back to the room and found the maid making our bed with the same blankets we had put in the wet, dirty tub so now we had a wet AND dirty bed. I told her those blankets were dirty and we needed new ones that's why I put them in the tub so she came back with clean ones. She did not take the garbage out, clean the sink, mirriors and toilet. She didn't hang the clean towels on the towel rack either she just left them in a pile on the bathroom counter. I later found out that someone I knew had stayed there a month before and when they walked into their room there were dirty glasses all of the table and stains on their sheets so this isn't just a "one time" thing. I will also add that their pool is very small and so is their dining area for breakfast. Their resturant is over priced and my husband ordered clams and they had to be sent back because they were old and smelled bad. Needless to say we will NOT be staying there again!!

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Coastal Inn Moncton? Share your experiences!