“Service with a Scowl” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Riverview, Canada
“Service with a Scowl”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I used to love eating here, but the last time I visited, my friend and I were treated with outright hostility by the woman in charge. She was clearly not having a good day, and was in a foul mood when we arrived. She scowled, growled, and basically walked around in a moody black cloud the whole time we were there. Unfortuantely there weren't many people in the restaurant at the time to act as a buffer. We even went so far as to try and cheer her up, but our efforts were in vain. Thankfully our waitress wasn't similarly angry, but she wouldn't look at us or talk to us. The whole scenario brought to mind old episodes of Faulty Towers. What a surreal experience! To boot, their old lunch menu - which I loved - had changed, and no longer offered as many choices. Sad to say, as good as the food was, the ambiance thoroughly ruined the meal.

Visited December 2010