“Haven of peace” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nature-Hunt Eco Camp Kaziranga

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaziranga National Park
Nature-Hunt Eco Camp Kaziranga
NH 37 | Bachagaon, Diring, Kaziranga National Park 781007, India   |
London, United Kingdom
“Haven of peace”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely peaceful place to rest your safari-weary legs. Aovik and Ronnie are great hosts and can help with all your tourism needs in Kaziranga, Assam and beyond.

There are flashier places and there are cheaper places, but Nature-Hunt hits all the right notes and was exactly what we were looking for.

Would happily return

Room Tip: don't be put off by the 'tents', they are far better than you're probably expecting...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

65 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I knew nothing about this place until i saw the beautiful huts n tents....i was so amazed by the beauty...i just kept on clicking......The huts n tents already overjoyed me.....to my surprise came the food.....dont ve words to express the taste....more than finger licking....very hospitable staff....it's a full package......they ve all the facilities.....elephant ride....jeep safari...boat ride...etc...etc...Definitely, i ll go to this place again....A must go place if anyone visit the northeast of India......

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
JengS976, Owner at Nature-Hunt Eco Camp Kaziranga, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We were glad to host you and your friends and Hope you will come gain to our wonderful place. Thanks. Ronnie.
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are looking for a place away from the hustle bustle of city, this is a place. It is situated amidst farms and is around 200 meters away from main highway.
The place is not crowded, there are few cottages and tents and the sitting area outside the cottages is great place to relax.
There is a small tea plantation in the camp. Which itself lend a nice touch to the atmosphere. The cottages are basic and food is simple fixed menu basic and was Ok. Do try their vegetable made from Banana flower.
The best thing about Nature hunt is the people who run it. They are extremely polite and genuinely caring. My two year old daughter had a gala time playing with them.

Overall It is a highly recommended place to stay at Kaziranga.

Room Tip: Dont forget the local village trek, it also takes you to local tea garden ..
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

While planning my trip to Kaziranga and Arunachal I came across this location at tripadvisor. I called and did our reservations on the phone and these people were extremely helpful and gave tips to plan our travel. The resort is very clean and well kept. They also organise trips for groups and individuals in Assam and Arunachal.
Our stay was extremely comfortable, with very nice food and organised, well groomed, and very helpful staff. They took care for the Elephant Safari, to and fro cab to Kaziranga. The cab came on time and we had a great time at Kaziranga.
I will recommend this place to all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

The huts are amazing, so are the tents, the staff are very helpfull and friendly. A very quiet and calm place, warmimg up by a fire every night with good food and tea. They took us to the jeep safari in kaziranga park and also a boat safari on the brahmaputra river, kazziranga is a beatiful place. Our stay was just lovely. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed December 2012
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was full of tension from parent's point of view before we stepped into this wonderful place with two of my kids aged one year and 3 years. Without the advantages of our daily life comfort, it was also a test for us to take care of the boredom of our children and ourselves. Nature Hunt Eco Camp proved us that human being can lead an excellent life with only the basic amenities and some wonderful people around. You won't get a heater there, but a Bonfire awaits you, you won't get a geyser there, but running Hot water awaits you with smiling faces, you won't get a TV there, but stories and camp life awaits you with the staffs and ohh...the man of the camp...Aovick, the Manager of Nature Hunt Eco Camp.
If you can make him friend, you can gain a lot from his experience about the jungle and some lovely moments in jungle as well can be a gift from him.
The food of the camp is good and it becomes better when served hot with smile and care.

We also got the special opportunity of spending an evening with one of the owners Ronnie, and it was all splendid time.

Thanks Nature Hunt Eco Camp for making our holiday so special.

Room Tip: Book the cottage if you are travelling with family or children.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have been visiting Kaziranga every for last 4 years for photography. I have stayed in Naturehunt last couple of times and I just know there can not be a better place than this. A small tea plantation inside the property gives it a different kinda feel. I choose this place over others cause of many reasons.

They have limited accommodations and this makes the place less crowded. I have become quite friendly with the owners and the staff. Despite having a large area they do not intend to build more cottages as they do not want to compromise with the service and the sanctity of the place. As they cater to limited people the the service is way better than any 5 star. Because of the durations of my stay which is not less than 10days to a fortnight I prefer a homely environment and the staff just provides me that. As a tea lover I guess I order some 10 cups a day and the staff just know when I am in mood for it. Food is just awesome and I never had to ask them to modify it as per my taste bud.
As I looked around and inquired the costs in other places Naturehunt is way cheaper. The always arranged everything for starting from safaris to river cruises and I got them dot on time. I am a bit demanding and these guys just did everything for me with a smile and you just know it's from their heart. I am sure Naturehunt will remain the same and I will be there again to enjoy that bliss.

Room Tip: They have three cottages, 3 big tents and a dorm. You can choose as per your budget. Though persona...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nature-Hunt Eco Camp Kaziranga? Share your experiences!