I have stayed here many years ago and found the rooms to be very large and spacious. I enjoy having a room with a kitchenette which mine did. I found the window furniture very good with two stage blinds, one for general privacy and a second for light block out which can aide in sleep ins.
The bed was very comfortable and I could not fault the sleep comfort.
There was a reverse cycle heater in the room which, once I figured out the modes, kept the room quite comfortable temperature wise.
I had a mini bar which was emptied so I could store my own beverages in which was large enough for many items.
The shower was little bit old school and close to the toilet in the same are which meant water from the shower pooled around the toilet floor area. A little bit dangerous if you go to the toilet during the night with potential slip danger but I always dry up the water with the bath mat and towel which were changed daily. The shower however was large and the water head allowed good water flow. I love my showers and this is important to me.
Nice LED TV which could be rotated to be viewed anywhere in the room.
Breakfast at Chill was very nice with a good spread of cooked bacon/eggs and trimmings and a comfortable area to eat it in.
I did also visit the gym which could do with a little upgrade but compared to some hotels I have stayed it did the job of filling in some down time and burning off a few bevvies (beer)
The lifts were a little bit slow and lacking for the number of rooms and floors but as it was an old hospital you can't really blame the hotel as they could only work with what was available. I didn't mind taking the steps a few flights. (Burn off a few more frothies)
Overall I can honestly say that I enjoyed my stay. I have stayed in many hotels from 5 star to 2 star or unrated and find it is always what you make of it. At the end of the day as long as it's a good bed, good shower and good grub, it gets my thumbs up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bell City is a hotel complex like no other. Our accommodation options range from the luxurious and sleek open-plan studios to extremely affordable and comfortable budget rooms with access to extensive resort-style facilities. No matter what your budget, Bell City has you covered. With multiple bars and restaurants on site, Bell City has dining and entertainment options for every occasion. Rydges Hotel & Residences Bell City offers luxurious 4.5 star stylish and spacious Manhattan-style open plan 1 & 2 bed studios. All Rydges Hotel rooms feature the Rydges 'Dream Bed', self-contained kitchenettes, lounge and dining area, LCD TV, Foxtel, high speed internet, and stunning views of Melbourne and surrounds. Location: Bell City is perfectly located for any traveller wanting to explore Melbourne’s fashionable inner north just 20 minutes from the CBD and 15 minutes from Tullamarine airport. Access to the city, major hospitals, universities, and inner suburbs is simple, with tram, train and bus stops all within minutes of the hotel. Jump on the 86 tram for quick access to the fantastic eateries and chic stores of the Smith Street, Gertrude Street and Brunswick Street precincts in Fitzroy, head another couple of stops to the Carlton Gardens and Melbourne Museum, or stay on for the full trip to Etihad Stadium and Docklands. Take the train through the scenic Merri Creek reserve straight to the MCG, or continue on to the city for great shopping and even better coffee in its myriad hidden laneways. High Street’s bars, cafes and boutique stores are within easy reach. Local icons include the hip Northcote Social club and the beautiful art deco Westgarth Cinema. Dine in nearby Lygon Street, boasting the finest coffee and Italian restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Rydges Bell City Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Bell City Hotel And Residences
- Bell City Hotel Residences
- Bell City Preston
- Rydges Bell City Hotel & Residences Preston, Greater Melbourne