Have stayed 3 times for multiple nights in the Manhattan studios. Rydges Bell City is an unusual hotel as it's part of a very large accommodation complex right on a legendary east-west arterial road (Bell St) in the northern suburbs of Melbourne. There are few accommodation options in this neck of the woods and if you know Melbourne well, you'll find it a great place to stay to access the Preston market, Thornbury, Northcote, the Merri Creek trail and so on. Having a car helps, but walking and public transport works too.
The studio rooms are of a very high standard although soundproofing isn't good and kitchen utensils are scanty, A couple of maintenance and housekeeping issues I had were quickly resolved - in fact the problem-solving service was easily as good as a 5 star hotel. Slow check-in lets things down though.
The clientele here are noticably different from CBD hotels perhaps because there are many different types of accommodation on the property. Witnessing strange behaviour is not uncommon but it never feels unsafe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bell City is a hotel complex like no other. Our accommodation options range from the luxurious and sleek open-plan studios to extremely affordable and comfortable budget rooms with access to extensive resort-style facilities. No matter what your budget, Bell City has you covered. With multiple bars and restaurants on site, Bell City has dining and entertainment options for every occasion. Rydges Hotel & Residences Bell City offers luxurious 4.5 star stylish and spacious Manhattan-style open plan 1 & 2 bed studios. All Rydges Hotel rooms feature the Rydges 'Dream Bed', self-contained kitchenettes, lounge and dining area, LCD TV, Foxtel, high speed internet, and stunning views of Melbourne and surrounds. Location: Bell City is perfectly located for any traveller wanting to explore Melbourne’s fashionable inner north just 20 minutes from the CBD and 15 minutes from Tullamarine airport. Access to the city, major hospitals, universities, and inner suburbs is simple, with tram, train and bus stops all within minutes of the hotel. Jump on the 86 tram for quick access to the fantastic eateries and chic stores of the Smith Street, Gertrude Street and Brunswick Street precincts in Fitzroy, head another couple of stops to the Carlton Gardens and Melbourne Museum, or stay on for the full trip to Etihad Stadium and Docklands. Take the train through the scenic Merri Creek reserve straight to the MCG, or continue on to the city for great shopping and even better coffee in its myriad hidden laneways. High Street’s bars, cafes and boutique stores are within easy reach. Local icons include the hip Northcote Social club and the beautiful art deco Westgarth Cinema. Dine in nearby Lygon Street, boasting the finest coffee and Italian restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Rydges Bell City Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Bell City Hotel And Residences
- Bell City Hotel Residences
- Bell City Preston
- Rydges Bell City Hotel & Residences Preston, Greater Melbourne