My partner and i stayed here from the 19th - 24th November, we had booked a room next door at the Rydges Bell City, Preston for one night on the 18th and kind of wished we had planned and had enough money to stay there.
We were able to check-in to Sleep & Go, Preston at around 1pm instead of having to wait until 2pm. Our room was located on the 5th floor room 5007. We had views of the city, which was nice. We had booked through there website and payed $99 a night.
The picture they display on there website doesn't do anything for the rooms as our room had many paint chips, broken and ripped blinds. The bed was very uncomfortable, the fridge was very small and looked like it had been kicked in my someone.
The air-con/heating worked really well, think out of the whole room this was the best feature. The television was old and up high on a shelf, if you were laying in bed you couldn't change the channel with the remote as it was too high, so we had to keep getting out of the bed to change the channel.
When looking out of the window was a lovely view till you looked downwards all you could see was rubbish bins etc.
There were snack machines located on every floor, we used this a lot - drinks, chocolate, chips and cookies, came in handy for midnight snacks.
JD's Cafe downstairs localed on the Ground floor near reception was lovely, nice views out to the pool, the food was really nice and at affordable prices.
We were also allowed to use the cafe` at the Rydges next door along with the Pantry and newsagency etc.
The Pool isn't heated so it's very cold.
We only stayed here because we had already booked, but if your looking for something that little bit extra I'd stay at the Rydges Bell City, Preston Melbourne.
I wouldn't recommend staying at Sleep & Go, unless you really had too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne