“Well worth a visit - friendly service to support good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Well worth a visit - friendly service to support good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We recently visitedHux for the first time for a pre-theatre dinner and were very pleasantly surprised with both the service and quality of the food.

The staff were very responsive to our need to be out within 75 mins to get to the theatre but still managed to know when to leave us to our conversation and when to engage in friendly banter. It is clear that the owners have recruited front of house staff who have a natural ability to understand how to deliver an excellent experience.

It was helped by an excellent John Dory meal and tasty salad which was a good size and plated to be interesting. The dessert of white chocolate brûlée we decided to choose was really great,but definitely a bit small to share.

Overall this was a delightful meal and a place we will definitely return to, even without the lure of the theatre being next door.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Sydney
“Quite disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We went with a group of 8 people which seems to have placed a huge amount of pressure on the kitchen. I'm sure the owner is trying hard to make it work, however, the food was average at best (a bit like my mum would cook) & the rhythm of the place just wasn't there. Unfortunately, it came across as yet another very average suburban restaurant.....and I wouldn't go back. Hopefully, they can make it work as we need good restaurants on the north side - I'm just not confident.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Home Cooking”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

This is not a great restaurant for food. In my opinion it is average home cooking at best. I went here with high expectations, but I was disappointed. They are trying hard, so I hope things get better.

Visited May 2013