“Right up there” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant

The Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
| Tramstop 125, Corner Normanby Road & Clarendon Street, South Melbourne, Port Phillip, Victoria 3205, Australia
+61 3 9695 4000
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Chester
“Right up there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Gotta say this was one of the best dining experiences I've ever had. From the moment we got on the tram to the moment we left. The service was amazing drinks flowed throughout the night and I'll never know how the chef served up such fantastic food from that tiny kitchen. Special mention to Sam the waitress (from Southport) although all the staff were great.
I would not hesitate in recommending the tram experience.......

• Visited December 2013

Melbourne, Australia
“Booking for February 2014. Great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I would like to acknowledge the efficient customer service provided by Colonial Tramcar Restaurant.

I booked and paid for for a late dinner sitting in mid February 2014 about five weeks ago. Last Friday by email I requested a change to the earlier dinner sitting on the same day. I received an email response by Sunday and by Tuesday the difference in cost was refunded to my credit card.

The quick response time for the email and refund was great and absolutely appreciated.

Thank you Le'Shaye excellent customer service.

Visited November 2013
Wellington, New Zealand
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This experience was well anticipated but turned out to be even better than we could have possibly imagined. The food was not even remotely like we expected, it was far better. The service from our waiters (Rebecca, Carl and Sam) was absolute perfection. Nothing was left to chance, the service was at the highest level. We will definitely be back again on our next visit.

• Visited October 2013
Milan, Italy
“Wonderful Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

My mother and I booked the early dinner meal. When we boarded we were met with a glass of champagne and escorted to our seats. The three course meal was excellent and our steaks cooked to perfection. I really couldn't understand how they came up with such quality in a kitchen the size of a small closet! The wine we had was top notch and as other people have stated "free flowing". We had ports and coffee after our meal and were even given a carnation each on our departure. It was a fantastic experience and one I always recommend to Melbourne visitors. Just make sure you book well in advance (several months if possible) as this venue is very popular so do not expect to arrive and get a seat within a couple of days as it is very unlikely to happen.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne
“Don't expect too much”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Though the Colonial Tramcar Restaurant was a very pleasant experience overall there are a few issues that made this not a top notch experience. Our group booked 4 tables and missing from 4 settings were: serviettes, cutlery, menus. Staff were very pleasant though the cook was overheard complaining about our request for the air conditioning to be turned off and I was told spirits will be served in 10 minutes when I asked for a whiskey. Tea and coffee were served too late giving us 5 minutes before we were asked to get off the tram. The food overall was good though is more suited to a menu 20 years ago. Lovely interior and a lot of fun but don't expect too much.

• Visited November 2013