“Perfect for business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quest on Dorcas

Save Saved
You added Quest on Dorcas to your Saves list
Quest on Dorcas
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Dorcas Street, South Melbourne, Port Phillip, Victoria 3205, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in South Melbourne
Sydney
“Perfect for business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed for a week in December for work in South Melbourne.
Great location just off St Kilda Road and opposite the Botanic gardens.

Hotel check-in is quick and easy and being a serviced apartment, I didn't really see reception again until I checked out.
Apartment was fairly large for a one-bedder. Had a huge study area (bit of silly design - way too much space) and well equipped kitchen, laundry etc.
Furnished in a clean, modern style and all in great condition.

Large comfy bed for a good night sleep and good water pressure in the shower.

Hotel has a gym but I didn't see it. Hotel has internet, but not free. Internet rates were ok.

There are cafes and a bottle-shop on the same street, and the tram stop is under 50m away.

All in all a great stay for the week and perfect for my stay for work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lauren B, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear sydney_CJ

Thank you for your feedback, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that check-in was quick and easy. If you ever do need assistance from Reception please feel free to pop in as the Reception team will be more than happy to assist.

The study alcove in our One Bedroom Executive apartment is quite large and works well for long stays as it provides space for additional storage and also additional bedding. If you don't need this additional space, I could recommend the One Bedroom Standard apartment which doesn't have a study alcove but is still quite spacious.

Hopefully next time you will get a chance to view our gymnasium as it has a beautiful view of the Royal Botanic Gardens, however many of our guests do also enjoy the tan track.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had a one bed apt that was well equipped, modern and clean. Comfy beds but hard pillows and no free WiFi, which in this day and age is not good. Even though we were on the 8th floor, our outdoor area faced a brick wall, so we had no view and it made the apt quite dark. The tram is at the end of the street and we found he location to be ideal for our needs. The botanic gardens are just across the road. It is a 10 minute walk to south-bank or a short tram ride to Swanston Street.
Staff were pleasant and helpful and we would happily stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Lauren B, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Heg

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Quest on Dorcas. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and since your review I have requested that our Housekeeping team check on all pillows, if you stay with us again please feel free to let Reception know and we will happily replace.

At this point in time we do need to charge for our Internet, but I appreciate your feedback and have passed onto the Director for review of our Internet policy.

Unfortunately from our One Bedroom apartments (8th & 9th floors), there isn't any views, however we would love to recommend our One Bedroom Executive apartment for your next stay which are from the 10th floor, some with amazing views of the city.

It is excellent having the tram so close and it is lovely to hear the staff were helpful, they always enjoy sharing their local knowledge.

I look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Best wishes

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

A modern, clean apartment hotel, well-located to visit Botanic Gardens, Rod Laver Arena and the National Gallery of Victoria. The rooms are well-appointed including a kitchenette with dishwasher. Two bedroom apartments comfortably fit two couples and we easily got parking right out the front (free in weekends). A no-fuss stay in a convenient location at a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2012
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I felt compelled to leave a review for this Hotel/Apartment because I was so pleased with it.

Not only was the Hotel in a fantastic location with the beautiful Botanic Gardens at the end of the street for morning strolls (were you could also jump on a horse drawn carriage to tour the massive gardens or jump on a Tram and be in the heart of Melbourne CBD in just a couple of minutes), the staff were also very friendly, helpful and accommodating.
I thought I would mention that here is a fantastic little coffee shop a couple of doors down who make an awesome brew and a delicious snack also! (unfortunately they do not open on Sundays though) and there is a little bottle shop downstairs which I found convenient. :)

The self contained apartment I stayed in for 4 days was very quiet, comfortable, clean and well equipped. In fact the only 3 things I could fault it on was that firstly the shower badly lacked racks for your shower things. It only had one small soap holder so I had to put all my shampoo;s, cleansers etc on the floor of the shower.
Secondly, I would put a mark against the Hotel for not offering free, or for that matter ANY, wireless internet access.... it is 2012 after all and I am sure if McDonald's can cater to the needs of their customers than Quest can also.
Lastly, while the bed was very comfortable, I was disappointed with their pillows which were very flat and ended up giving me a sore neck but apart from these few let-downs, I would give this Hotel my full approval to any disconcerting traveller.... just take your own pillow, shower rack and internet! lol

Room Tip: I specifically asked for a quiet room and that is exactly what I was given which is great so don'...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

If you are looking to for a place to stay where you are accessible to everything, then this is the place to be. It was seriously the best!! The rooms were clean and of modern standard with fantastic city views and the apartments have everything you need. Even down to the minor little details of them leaving biscuits free of charge to have with your coffee was so awesome. The location was superb. It is 100m off St Kilda road, which means you are accessible to St Kilda, Chapel Street, and the CBD right at your door step. The trams leave right out the front pretty much. It is a short 10 minute walk to Southbank and the Crown casino and a 5 minute tram to the city. It also has an IAG and a Foodworks 100m around each corner and a bottle store right next door. This property does not have a restaurant or cafe however there is 3 that surround the property. As for the staff, they were absolutely fantastic. We were visiting from Queensland and didnt know too much. They recommended places to eat, made our dinner reservations, booked us taxis and were soooooo helpful!!! WE will be back here again for sure. Love it! ....and best of all it was great value for money!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Moama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My Family and I enjoyed our stay. It would have been nice to spend a few more days to relax properly, rather than just the weekend.
My only request would be to have separate ACs in the bedrooms.
Other than that excellent

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Quickbeds

LaurenPBerry, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Hi Gary

Thank you for your review. I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your suggestion in relation to an air conditioner in the bedroom, it is something I have passed onto our Director for consideration.

We hope to be able to welcome you back for a little more than a weekend on your next stay.

Best wishes
ACT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Well, it was a good stay with the family. The downsides did include staying while they were upgrading the electricity in the building, so imagine our surprise to have power cut off to the room when we woke up in the morning. While it was nice to have them let us know it would happen (on check-in) the night before, (sometime between 8am - 12ish pm?) it was a bit bad taste to do it while we were there, and not even help us in some way. So, I'm not incredibly happy with that stay. Accommodation was okay, have paid more for less - but paid less for more, so in all, will give an average rating to this place. Parking is 'interesting' since the bays are quite small. Won't stay here again once I have my new car (4x4.) won't fit in the bays.

Room Tip: Can't say the place is overall placed well, since access to the street is tricky, unless you com...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LaurenPBerry, Manager at Quest on Dorcas, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Dear RaTTyRaTT

Thank you for your recent review of Quest on Dorcas. We do apologise for the inconvenience caused by the installation of smart meters on behalf of the Victorian Government. We tried our best to communicate when it would be occurring and limit the inconvenience to our guests, unfortunately we were not provided with exact times for each apartment, as it was conducted by an outside electricity provider for all 150 apartments. I hope any disruptions were kept to a minimum with power only being out for between 20-30 minutes, we are sorry that we couldn't offer further assistance.

The parking spaces on the lower levels can be a little tight, however, a quick tip for all those with larger vehicles who are the car park; head up to levels 6 & 7 as the car spaces are larger and more abundant on these floors. I will ensure that Reception staff are advised to communicate this to all guests on arrival.

We would love to welcome you back in future and hope we can provide you with the guest experience that we pride ourselves on.

Kind regards
Property Manager

Been to Quest on Dorcas? Share your experiences!