“Great Apartments!” 5 of 5 stars

313 Kings Way, South Melbourne, Port Phillip, Victoria 3205, Australia   |
TAS
“Great Apartments!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would highly recommend the apartments to those looking for somewhere modern and central in the Mebourne area. Public transport veryclose and convenient. Rooms are a great size with all amenities required and room avaliable for extra guests if needed. Very clean and great bathroom! The apartments were well priced and staff were friendly and helpful with our numerous enquiries. I will definately be back here to stay!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
melbourne,australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

First of all I wouldn't rate this 5 stars!!
We arrived after check in time and we couldn't check in as the computer want working, which left us standing on the sidewalk with our luggage... All 6 of us... Rooms are on the small side, although they we clean... Balcony has metal grate flooring, we had to wear shoes as it was painful being barefoot... Bathroom was small and there was no toilet roll holder... Upon checking we were told that if there was any noise after 11pm we would be kicked out, with two apartments booked I could only control the people in my apartment, but if noise was made we all had to leave... We left early the next day around 10.30am... After 3 days the $400 bond for both apartments was still pending on my credit card... I rang both the manager of the apartments and my bank... Told a whole day of emails and phone calls for the manager to fax though a form to the bank to have the hold taken of my credit card... After awhile the manager became rude and refused to help us anymore.... I will never stay here again, and neither will my family and friends!! Poor service

• Stayed September 2012
Leopold
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here on a very very cheap rate- even with this cheap rate there is no way I would recommend this hotel. The location is RIGHT on Kings Ways. If you plan on sleeping then don't bother staying. The location for us was just too far out and away from everything- you couldn't walk to anything.
Checkin was a nightmare- myself and another person couldn't get anything to work. We had to wait for someone to come help us- all up took approx. 40 mins to get into out room!!!
While the rooms weren't badly furnished the tea towel was mouldy which promoted us not to cook in the room.
When we got home I emailed the manager to inform him of our awful stay and he did nothing but argue with me on all my points.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these South Melbourne hotels

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Zara Apartments.
Great location, convenient to all travel etc, close to city and easy stroll to South Melbourne.
Quiet, no street noise really at all.
Very comfy bed, internet works well, nice bathroom.
Plenty of room, modern, clean and great decor.
Highly Recommend

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Zara Apartments? Share your experiences!